Why Yes it's been a while since I've posted. But that only means that I'm out and about enjoying this beautiful weather we have been having. Just think a year ago this month was my last Chemo treatment and I had surgery to look forward too. What a difference a year makes in ones life. I will include some of the highlight from this past October.
- First I must say: I just love this time of year. Maybe that is why I agreed to go with Olivia's Class on their field trip. We visited the Renyers Pumpkin Farm. The kids were allowed to pick a pumpkin, take a hay rake ride, sling shot mini-pumpkins, travel though the corn maze, and so much more. If you every want to spend a nice day outside with your kids I would highly recommend making a trip over to Renyers.
Second big event was getting a leaf blower for our anniversary. I'm happy to say, no more spending days raking leaves. I was a little apprehensive about how well the leaf blower would work. After using it I'm sold. You can see the kids enjoyed the piles of leaves.
- Third highlight is always more exciting for the kids then us adults. I think is has to do with the fact that they get to go around getting free candy from everyone in the neighborhood. I have included a photo of the kids and I dressed up. I wore my costume on Friday to work, all my patients enjoyed it.
- Fourth and the most unbelievable is that I went to pick-up the documents required to official say we are going on our beach vacation this next month. Look for my next posting to be filled with photos.
- Fifth is that we have had a lot of family news this month. For starters we will be celebrating an additional wedding next fall. The family will continue to grow with the addition of two new bundles of joy arriving in the spring. And finally my aunt and uncle will be moving to town from the farm. By the sounds of things, I'm not the only busy one in the family.
I better sign off for now, because I have a large pile of laundry to go fold and put away, kids to get to bed, dishes to put away and the list goes on and on. I need to keep moving. Until next month.
.
3 comments:
Marsha---I am so excited to read this---love the leaves!!!
I so wish we had been able to get together---every time I think I have 2 days in a row---then something comes up---just don't want to drive 2.5 hours twice in one day!! I seriously might just take the kids out of school....oh hey---did you see my pics on facebook? I want to see your Halloween costume !! SO happy you are well and dealing with the everyd ay stuff now!! Love you Lots, Sarah
Marsha, It was so nice to spend the day with you,Kim, and Donna--we need to do that more often. Enjoy your next adventure and then it will be time for "our" little adventure. Keep on keepin' on gal.
OMG!!!!!!! It's Monday night...are we really, really leaving on Thursday? What in the world will we have to talk about when we get back? We've been discussing, researching, planning this Mexico trip for about two years now! I can't believe it's actually happening! And this snow today, makes it 10,000 times more exciting to go!
Can't wait...
I better go pack.
Love ya,
Tam
Post a Comment