Thursday, January 7, 2010
2010 is here!
Beginning the New Year makes be think of this quote:
Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits. ~Author Unknown
We all have some bad habits and I no exception. I'm feeling like it is time to take charge of my own lack of regular exercise over that past year. This has lead me to make a New Year's resolution to start using the treadmill that I have been storing in my basement. In January, I have averaged 20 minutes 4 to 7 days per week walking on the treadmill. My kids notice everything new or different so to see me walking on the treadmill made them very curious. They found that is was fun to set small toys at the top of the treadmill belt and see them travel off the end. I did pretty good at missing most of their toys. After they got bore with this new found fun, they soon discovered that they had 20 minutes before I got off the treadmill to find them amidst their new mischief. Kids are to smart. They say that to make something a habit you have to repeat the tasks required a time frame of approximately 21 days. I'm hoping to develop one new healthy habit.
On January 26th-- A friend and loved soul --Julie Glissman--lost her battle with cancer. Her family has created a wonderful tribute to her that can be found on facebook. I'm reminded that life is very fragile and we too will all have to deal with our calling to death. May we all be prepared because only God know our time and hour.
February-- I finally gave in and made an appointment with my family doctor. I have been feeling so tired and wanting to sleep more than normal. After visiting with my PCP she recommend that I have some lab work done. We checked my thyroid level (TSH) that came back within normal range. I was so thankful because I was afraid the the radiation treatment might have effected my thyroid. Yipe. I also had my Vit. D level checked. This came back 30 points lower then last time checked. This could be the reason for my increase in tiredness. I'm now going to start taking a supplement of Vit. D and see if this helps.
Wishing all:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Marsha,
Hopefully the sun will shine for more than 5 minutes soon and we can all catch up on our Vitamin D, glad to hear your reports were good, it could that you need a get away to Mexico-perhaps!! I'll get ya there sooner than later..yeh I'm being a smartypatarty, so better go eat, and hanag with the family. Have a great week!!
Pam
Hey girlie...why don't you show all of your followers your new hair do!!?? :)
Glad 2010 is off to a good start for you!
Tami
Post a Comment