It's time to CELEBRATE 10 YEARS of being breast cancer FREE!!!
I would like to Thank the following:
1. God's continued love and presents in my life.
2. To my family for being in my life and at my side for the past 3,650 days.
3. To my friends and co-workers - I'm incredibly fortunate to have people like you in my life.
4. To the medical staff and physicians who's expertise have lead to my success.
| Myself and my Oncologist APRN |
| Myself, Breast Cancer Survior ARNP and my Mom |
Present day -- As I sit down at my computer to add a post to this blog, I discover it has been since 2010 since I have posted. What a long writers block!! Next, I receive a phone call from Tim (my husband) asking me if I would like to go have lunch with him. I told him I would love to spend the rest of the day with him. He says I asked you to lunch not to spend the rest of the day with me. 😃 Ok, I guess I might get this post completed since I will only be running away for a short time to have lunch vs. spending the rest of the day with Tim.
I'm happy to report the past 8 years have been about me living my life and not the medical regiment dictating my life's schedule. Over the past years, I continued to have yearly oncology appointments, lab work and I continued to taking my Vitamin D, Venlafaxine (for hot flashes), and Tamoxifen (hormone suppressing med). I have struggled with limitation in my upper body strength, depression and chronic fatigue. Two major changes happened after my oncology appointment this year. I was able to discontinue the Tamoxifen and I will go from seeing my Oncology Physician to seeing a breast cancer survivor APRN. Both changes are monumental milestones which bring me relief and excitement. I'm told that with discontinuing the medication that I will slowly begin to have more energy, and have less muscle achiness. This sure sounds good to me!
What is the next step? I will return next November 2019 for my yearly appointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment