- March 9 - Monday - As I sit down to update my post I look at a blank slate. It must have been a little busy this week, since I did not take time to keep up. With the time change all of us were slow to get going this morning. It didn't help that Olivia woke to running a fever this morning. I dosed her up with medication and sent her on to school. Wishing we could all stay home, but I had to be off to work. Laurie Kramer took Brody and I to # 23rd radiation treatment. Brody has discovered that there is a difference between the women's and men's bathrooms. So while I'm in having my treatment, Brody tells Laurie that he need to go to the MEN"S bathroom. She allowed him to go in and she waited outside the door. After waiting awhile on him Laurie decided it was time to check on him. Hoping no fellows would come in Laurie went in to retrieve Brody. To her surprise he was sitting on the toilet naked with his clothes in a pile on the floor. LOL! Brody I'm afraid that Laurie will remember this and remind you of this when you get older. We returned home to pick Olivia up and discovered the her fever was back. Home we went to take a cool bath, take some ibuprofen and rest.
- March 10 - Tuesday - We were awaken by Olivia crying at 0600am. Her fever was back. I gave her more medication and let her go back to sleep till the alarm went off. I sent her to school and called the Doctors office to make appointment for her. She has run a fever for about 2-3 days in Jan. ,Feb. and now March. Wondering what is going on. I had my radiation treatment at 11:00am vs. 4:00pm because they need to do some routine maintenance on the machine and asked all patients to come early. Julia Bergman was able to go with Brody and I. We had just enough time to get a quick bite to eat and return home. I was then off to pick Olivia up from school to take her to her doctors appointment. We discovered at her appointment that she had a ear infection, nasal passages were irritated, lungs had wheezes and were course sounding. This means she could have pneumonia and ear infection causing these high fevers. We started her on an antibiotic, her asthma inhaler, breathing treatments and mucinex. I hoping this works.
- March 11 - Wednesday - It was a normal day in that we had to be off to our daily obligations. Tim was working around the shop so he said Brody could stay with him instead of riding to Topeka today. That meant that Renee Kramer and I got to make a trip without any kids. It was great to visit with you (Renee) I do miss that! We were back home so I could start supper and get some of the house picked up before Tim and the kids got home. Olivia was acting so much better and not running a fever. Yeah! After we eat dinner Tim & Brody went to get their hair cut. They both returned looking so handsome.
- March 12 - Thursday - Another day off to work, school and daycare. Tim unexpectedly meet me in town at the house before I left for my treatment. He said he would take Brody out to the shop with him. In exchange for him keeping Brody I had to drop off some papers at Allied and pick up some parts for him. I was blessed that Gerri Stewart drove me to my treatment. Finette Gress was able to meet us at the Cotton O'Neil Center and visit with us for a short time. The parts we had to pick up for Tim were a little larger than expected, thank goodness Gerri Precis is bigger than it appears. Tim was thankful to have the parts so that he could finish the vehicle that he had in the shop.
- March 13 - Friday - NO SCHOOL- all kids like to hear these two little words. The Centralia girls and boys won both their games so they will be playing basketball in Hays, Kansas for state titles. Way to go!!! The kids and I got to sleep in this morning. After working around
the house all morning. I packed the kids up and we headed to my parents house. Mom agreed to have the kids spend the night. After having some lunch with them I headed back to Corning to meet Tami Mars. After my treatment we went to pick up the made to order cupcake from Daddy Cakes, I have choose to give these to the staff at the Radiation department on my last treatment. I just have to keep the family from eating them this weekend. I included a photo of the baby cakes. Don't they look yummy! Tami and I indulged in Red Lobster for dinner. With it being a Friday in lent that places was crazy with people.
- March 14 - Saturday - Tim needed to get some parts in Seneca, I rode along and we picked up the kids from Mom and Dad's. The kids and I had lunch at home and did some of Olivia's homework. After lunch the kids and I went out to the farm, we helped pick up branches. With the weather being perfect we helped Tim burn the road sides. It helped that we each had a 4-wheeler with a water tank to keep the fire from getting out of control. We all got home at dusk dirty, smelling of smoke and hungry. After all the clothes were put in the washer, kids showered and feed, all of us were really ready for bed.
- March 15 - Sunday - Wishing several cousins a happy birthday: Erik Curtis, Erika Turner, and Ashley Hards. I took the kids with me to Church this morning. I'm afraid to say that Brody had to be taken out of church twice and I was sweating by the end of mass. I'm sure several other mothers could tell similar stories. You just don't like it at the time. The family had lunch together and then it was time to start working on preparing papers for our tax appointment. Fun! Fun! The kids and I went to Uncle Darron and Sheri house for dinner and to see Ashley who is home from Texas. Here is a photo of all of the kids together. From left to right back row: Sam, Ashley, Alaina, Chris and Ali. Left to right bottom row: Camryn, Elli, Mariana, Dominic, Brody, Colten, Joel and Olivia. I have only one treatment left and that will be Monday. I think that I have a good reason to have a green beer at Spanky's after work on St. Patrick's day. Celebrations are in order! If you are free come gone me at 5:15pm in Seneca at Spanky's.

Sunday, March 8, 2009
23 - 27 radiation treatments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
HIDDY HO MARSHA AND GANG,
WHOOPIE--MONDAY IS THE FINALE--SO PROUD OF YOU MARSHA--YOU SHOULD BE ON THE COVER OF A MAGAZINE AS THE WORLDS GREATEST FIGHTER/MOM/WIFE--JUST GOES TO SHOW WHAT PRAYER AND POSITIVE ATTITUDE CAN DO IN A SITUATION THAT COULD GET THE BEST OF YOU REAL FAST--CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT HOW PROUD OF YOU I AM--TIM YOU HAVE BEEN A REAL TROOOPER AS WELL AND YOU SHOULD BE COMMENDED FOR ALL YOUR EFFORTS IN KEEPING THINGS GOING WHEN MARSHA WAS DOWN--I'M SURE THERE WERE TIMES WHEN THERE WAS NO END IN SIGHT-BUT ONE DAY AT A TIME AND HERE YOU ALL ARE WITH JUST ONE TREATMENT LEFT--THEN HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL SLOW DOWN FOR YOU GUYS A BIT AND YOU CAN ENJOY YOURSELVES AND NOT BE RUNNING FOR THIS AND THAT......
3 CHEERS FOR THE GROSSNICKEL FAMILY.........WAY TO GET-R-DONE!!!
PAM
Marsha,
I'm thinking that Red Lobster biscuits sound good right now!! We need to go back again, and next time, we'll have a Bahama Mama!!
Thanks for a fun afternoon on Friday. I'm glad that today is your last day! And I hope that your appointment on Wednesday goes well.
Now, let's start planning our trip. And this time...WE'RE GOING!
Talk soon...
Love,
Tami
Congratulations on finishing radiation, Marsha!!! A celebration is definitely deserved...enjoy the green beer tomorrow!
Amy
Way to go MArsha---Congrats on being all healed!!!
Love ,Sarah
HEY HEY HEY MARSHA
I am so HAPPY radiation is finished for you. So a celebration with green beer sounds good today!! Now clear sailin' here on out!! One more little in-out surgery.... & I know a few more appointments.
I enjoyed my trip to Topeka with you so much, we got to catch up on lots. I sure want to get together really soon again. AND by the way it is so warm today it made me think of you -- not wearing that wig any more. Short & sassy to start the spring time, YOU WILL LOOK SO CUTE, go for it!!
See ya later Theresa
P.S. I laughed so much when I read about Brody in the bathroom. Go Brody go!! A memory to go in the baby book, that is for sure.
Dear Marsha,
Thank goodness you are done with the radiation treatments. I think each evening when you go home and get to stay home what a wonderful feeling this will be.
I agree with Pam that you have truly been an inspiration to all of those around you during your journey. I could spend a whole day at work where you never complained and then read your blog to find out things.
The Lord's strength is shining thru you.
May you have a beautiful Spring.
Donna Z
Marsha -
Glad to hear your radiation treatments are finished. It did seem to go by fast for those of us keeping up with you on your blog. I'm sure not so fast for you though. You REALLY are an amazing lady. Busy, Busy, Busy! I hope you and Tami can get your trip re-scheduled soon - you deserve a few days on the beach and all that comes with that!! Keep Smiling -
Janet
Post a Comment