Saturday, August 8, 2009

August- Is here and gone

I know it's been a little longer than a month, but this only means that I have finally been able to live my life. What a wonderful feeling that is. I can't say that my life has been doctor free because on Aug. 7th-I returned to KU Med. West to the Surgery Center at 0630am. The day had finally arrived to get these hard expander's out and get soft implants in. I was wheeled into surgery suite 1 around 0730am and the next thing I remember is waking in recovery room around 0930am. I was given a cracker, water and a pain pill. By 10:00am I was walking out the surgery center doors. A little unsteady but I did manage to do it. Tim and I arrive home around noon. I don't remember much of the trip home because I was rather sleep. I spent most of the day in bed. Little Debbie you where so right I'm very sore and those chest muscle. Yaza!! Late in the evening my parents brought Olivia and Brody by after their Vacation Bible School performance. They were both very lovely and wanting to be near me. So glad that they went to spend the next couple nights with family. I was not up to keeping up with them. I think surgery is like childbirth. You forget all the details of deliever and recovery until you have the next one!!

  • Aug. 8 & 9th -- Taking pain pills and napping. I tried taking one hydro/codeine to control the pain but that just wasn't cutting it . This lead me to taking two pills the next time. Woooo! that was to much. Call me a light weight but as my neighbor told me my eyes were all dilated, and boy did I feel funny.
  • Aug. 13th -- I returned to work with a weight restriction of 10-30 pounds for the next 2 weeks. I also had to wear this belt under my chest to keep the implants in place for 4 weeks.
  • Aug. 20th -- First day of 1st grade for Olivia. She was so ready to go back to see all her friends but not so ready for any homework. I think Brody would have got on the bus and went with Olivia if we would have let him.
  • Aug. 25th -- I went to get my first haircut and style. Can't believe the last time was July 17, 2008 (a whole year and 1 week ago). Besides the cut I did get a coloring that seemed to relax the natural curl in my hair. Getting use to styling and doing my hair again is an adjustment.
  • Aug. 27th -- I returned to Dr. K office for my post-op apt. I had my dressing removed and some sutures removed. I was happy to hear that I will not need to have any further surgeries, but will have some in office procedures completed hopefully in the near future. I have learned with being a parent and in general NEVER say NEVER. This statement is so true for me. I have always said that I would NEVER get a tattoo. Guess what!?!? I will be getting TWO!! That is what they recommend for my next step in my cosmetic process. I'm excited to have this done but I was put on a waiting list because of some insurance litigation. Ugh.........more waiting.

Better go get back to my life. Talk to you all soon.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Hey Marsha,

Thanks for the update. You know we're all still out here in "blog-land" checking in on you, to read your updates. Glad you're too busy to blog.

I was thinking the other day, that Laurie and I took off work on 9/11/08 to take you to your chemo treatment. It seems hard to believe that was already a year ago, yet it seems like a lifetime ago. I'm so glad you're where you are this September!! :)

Oh, and since you are just now posting about August, I'll go ahead and add it here for September...HAPPY 40th! We all hope this is a great year for you!

Love ya!

Tam

Pam said...

Yes--Happy late 40th birthday Marsha--wow 40--doesn't seem possible--seems like yesterday we were tearing up the town partying and having a good ole time--but we still can do that at 40--can't we?? Glad to hear your surgery was a success!!! Sorry I haven't blogged for a while--I have no excuse....so now I'm back and wishing you well as you recover and as you know there is a "big todoo" coming up for us "88" gals--I'm getting a little excited--how bout you?? Have a good one Marsha and take care....

Love Pam