- On July 17th I participated in my first ever Relay for Life. Tim, Olivia, Brody and I attended a survivor dinner at a local restaurant that was hosted by the American Cancer Society. After a very nice meal all survivors and families were asked to make there way over to the Nemaha Valley Track. All the survivors where asked to walk the first lap together to begin the evening. This was an amazing site to see and experience. The evening began around 0700pm and lasted till 0700am on Saturday morning. My co-workers and family surprised me with "Duck Cancer" T-shirts that night. Besides having my team there to support me, I had friends, extended family and high school classmates come and join me. Here are a few photo's of that evening:


I still continue to feel that God is sending his love though the number of people that continue to support me. A good example of this is after I gave me speech, I was give a single rose by 25 different people. I'm still speechless by this!
- July 23rd - It was time again for yet another Doctor's appointment. This time I went to see my Plastic Surgeon to make arrangements for my next surgery. Ali and Olivia went along. We had to wait for about 2 hours. And then It only took about 30 minutes for me to be seen. We've all have been there and had that happen. I will be having these expander's removed and implants placed. That means I will be getting my new soft, boobs. Yeah!! These are usually good for about 10 years. I'm scheduled to have this done on Friday Aug. 7th. This should be a same day surgery.
- July 24 - Tim celebrated his 40th birthday. He received 40 cards for his birthday. He really enjoyed all of them. Here is one of our faves.
Thought you might expect a couple of Cracks about your age.
Until next month -- Marsha
2 comments:
SO happy to read your update--I thought maybe you quit......I check it all the time to hear your thoughts. I will be thinking of you and praying throughout the day for your surgery tomorrow. I bet it will feel good to get that accomplished!!
Love you-miss you!!
Sarah
Just happened to get on and check your blog today to see that you are getting your new "boobs" today...Hey!!! Well I hope everything goes good and we are thinking and praying for you...
Love Renee
Post a Comment