Monday, November 9, 2009

Can you say Bliss!

This month started off full but fun. I covered a full range of outing this month that include shopping, my 2nd haircut, Pink gems breast cancer meeting, celebrated a 40th and 50th birthdays, Church Soup Luncheon, Family Pictures all in the first week.
The best and most memorable part of this month was getting to go on vacation! Tim, Jay & Tami Mars, and I spent 6 fabulous days in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. This was the trip we had booked and payed for back in August of 2008. We had to cancel because of my diagnosis and treatment process. So Tami and I continued to dream and read trip advisor reviews about our resort all the way up to our departure day. The fellows were very pleasantly surprised with our villa suites and the whole resort. We felt like we were living the high life for those 6 days.
I have included a few photo's of our rooms. We all agreed the outdoor shower was out of this world. If only we had the climate to have these at home. We would be adding on to both our homes. You can see Tim checking out our big walk in closet. He also liked the keypad entry safe that was in the closet. This was nice to keep our passport and other important documents in. When not in our rooms we spent the rest of our time on the beach or near the pool. From our beach we could see the tall buildings on the island of Cozumel, which was everyday because the weather was perfect. The average temperature was in the upper 80's during the day and in the evening was in the lower 70's. They did not have the wild wind that we have in Kansas. The wind did come off the water but not bad. The only tall trees around was the palm trees. I was amazed how much shade they did proved. By bring along our hats, sunscreen SFP 70, and finding a palm tree we managed not to get sun burnt. The water temperature was a nice luke warm 75-80 degrees. We joked that Tim needed to use the salty water for his sinus flushes. We did venture away from the beautiful resort to go shopping in the town of Playa on fifth avenue and to snorkel. We did leave a little money in Mexico with the locals. One of the other wonderful things was that all our food and drinks were included. Talk about really enjoying the fact we didn't have to cook or even plan what to cook for a whole week. We did try some new things like calamari, octopus and veal. Tami and I found the Mexican ice cream to be heavenly. Now all we can think about is will we get to go back before our passport expires?
Here's to us and....we all know what happens in Mexico stays in Mexico!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome month for you!! That vacation looks heavenly----didn't see any pics of you though!!We want to see your smiling face.....
So does Tim have a tattoo on his leg??more pics.....please!!

Tami said...

What can I say, Marsha? Our trip was well worth the wait, and was even better than we had hoped and dreamed it would be for about two years!!

Sarah, if I could post pictures on Marsha's blog, I would do it. Maybe I'll post some on Facebook! :)

And yes, what happens in Mexico, stays in Mexico.

"Jose Cuervo, you are a friend of mine, I like to drink you with a little salt & lime....."

Love ya, Marsha. You deserved every moment of "Bliss" on this trip!

Tam

Theresa S. said...

Just had to check your blog after you told me about the Mexico trip!! I'm so happy you finally got to enjoy your long awaited vacation. You & Tim really deserved a wonderful get away and it looks so awesome. I know the last 2 years have been so crazy & now you can sit back and relax and enjoy life again. Loved all the posted pictures, looked like a special special place but...
I'm with Sarah & Tam, I'd really like to see a few more pictures!!!
I'm so jealous... I want a vacation really soon. lol.
love ya Theresa

Pam said...

Howdy Marsha,

Yeh Marsha, looks like a wonderful time come March, glad you and Tim were able to get away for a little R&R, I'm getting excited bout our little outing............
Happy Holidays to you and your family!!!

Pam