- Oct. 8 - Wednesday- I planned to work half day of work but it turned into a full day. I have been feeling very full and multiple GI symptoms this time. I'm hopeful that this will improve. Brody got to go on a field trip to the fire station with daycare today. He came home with a red fire hat and other goodies. Donna Zinke made ham and bean soup for our family. Thank goodness we can have Grandpa and Grandma into help us eat up all the food we have received. Olivia had CCD tonight and came home asking were our Bible is kept and that she need to see it.
- Oct. 9 - Thursday- I worked a full day at the hospital. We went out at lunch time for Harry Stewart's Birthday and his wife made the best chocolate cake for dessert. Today is Dominic (my Godchild's) birthday and his sister Mariana. I brought Olivia up to their house for the party while I went to another jewelry party. For the whole day my GI symptoms have been bugging me. Before bed I couldn't prevent it any longer I ended up vomiting. Yuck! I really hate that taste in my mouth. This is the first time in all my treatments I have vomited. I consider myself very lucky.
- Oct. 10 -Friday- I decided to take a sick day from work after not having such a pleasant evening. (That means I only did 2 days of work this time after #5 chemo) You never know what to try for food the first time after vomiting. I tried Malt-O-Meal and it felt soothing and it stayed down what a relief. My stomach still continues to feel very uneasy and very irritated. My mom called to say she stayed home from work today. She has been having some of the same GI symptoms. We couldn't think that we had been around each other since last Friday when she came to get the kids for the weekend. We are thinking it couldn't be the same bug. I need to thank Ty Lippert (our neighbor) for coming over and mowing the grass. We can hope this might be the last time this season. Olivia came home with school pictures today and they turned out grand.
Oct. 11 -Saturday - Started off a little earlier than normal this morning, went down the street to pick Tami up and then to Seneca to get my sister Tarese. We meet Donna and Owen Zinke in Sabetha for the first annual Sabetha Goes Pink 5K run/walk. The processed will go to help cancer patients in the area. At the beginning of the race Flora Kirwan (pictured with me) is a breast cancer survivor lead the group in a warm-up activities and then all released pink balloons at the sound of the whistle. While on the walk I got to meet Angie and Bill McGuire. They also gave me a gift card and I must thank them for being so thoughtful. This was a very touching event and I'm so thankful to get to be part of it. I was able to complete the race with only minor complaints like my legs felt like jello and moderate fatigue. To celebrate Tami, Sidney and two kids Aiden and Alivia Lang, Tarese and I went to Buzz's for brunch. Before leaving town we stopped to see my brother and family. It was good to see Alaina, Chris, and Ali (those college students we don't get to see much). When I got home Tim and the kids were at the farm working on the semi trailer. I laid down for a short nap. I ended up helping out at the farm the rest of the day and evening. We ordered dinner from the Corn Crib and used the gift certificate from Janet and Tim Hiltibrand. My GI symptoms much improved and I'm really enjoyed the dinner. The only other thing that has been a little bothersome is the bad taste in my mouth. I do hope that I don't have bad breath.
- Oct. 12 - Sunday - Happy Birthday to Kevin Stallbaumer! This is one of many cousins. I don't know if I was feeling brave or just wanted to make Father Arul mass more of a challenge. I brought both Olivia and Brody to church this morning. In the past I usually come out to church sweating and feeling like I'm not sure what the reading even were about. Today went pretty well considering, I did make it out of church without sweating. Later in the afternoon Tim, kids, and I ran down to Manhattan to check out a sidewalk in front of one of our rentals that the city marked for repair. Olivia talked Daddy into a Cream Slushy from Sonic for the drive home. It was a nice scenic drive home.
- Oct. 13 - Monday- We all went all different directions today. Olivia to school. Tim and Brody to the shop/farm. I went to Kansas City for more doctors apt's. I making arrangements for my up coming surgery. I felt so good for me to be able to drive home after the doctor apt's and not feel sick or be chemical altered. Today is Finette Gress Birthday so I hope she had a good one.
- Oct. 14 and 15 - Tuesday and Wednesday- These were normal work, school and daycare days. I really enjoy getting to write about having some normal days. I have been busy making arrangement to meet the Tibbetts Family in Kansas City for part of the weekend for her daughter's birthday. I have been feeling good with less side effects at this time. I must take the time to mention to all my followers that I changed the posting setting for leaving comments and if you were unable to post before to my blog give it a try again. Look forward to hearing from you!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Feeling the effects of the 5th chemo cycle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Time is going so fast!~~One more week until your last treatment?? WOW! I don't know about you but I am EXPECTING A MIRACLE!! Me & the girls are so excited to see you again!!Can't wait to play!! See you soon. Peace & Love, Sarah
"Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved, For You are my praise." Jeremiah 17:14
"Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24
Marsha -
Dang! You go girl! You are kind of making me feel like a real bum! You stay SO busy - it makes me tired just reading about it! How about next posting you write "I relaxed ALL day" (whether you do or not) just to make all your followers feel better!
Seriously, I am so glad you are not letting this obstacle in your life get you down. As everyone says - you truly are an inspiration to all! As always - if there is ANYTHING I can do - just ask!
Janet Heideman
That is good news that you were able to have some good days, but make sure that you do get some rest in there once in a while also.
Stay strong and keep your head up, your followers will help to lift your spirits when needed.
Marsha~
Wow...you are almost done!! I am glad that you are feeling normal again after feeling not so hot. I went on the field trip today and got some really cute pictures of the kids..When I get them loaded I will send them your way. Take care, rest up and enjoy the great fall weather!
Denise
Hello, Marsha,
I'm going to try this once again! If you only knew how many times I've written & I believe only one time have I done it right! :)
Wanted to tell you that my b.c. friend at church asked about you, saying she prays for you daily.
Suppose you & the Mars' group are tired tonight after your 'outing'.
Sounds like a great time was had by all. Am sure everyone will sleep tight tonight!
Thank you for keeping all of us up to date and allowing us to go on this journey with you. We hold you in our hearts & prayers...
Loni
Marsh,
We are praying that your last treatment goes well. You are such a strong person and such an inspiration to everyone. Some days I think it would be so easy for you to say, I don't feel like going to work today, but instead you go and it seems to keep your mind free.
Stay strong and keep your faith. Your are almost finished with your treatments and hopefully can see a light at the end of the tunnel.
We continue to keep you in our prayers.
Hope that you had a relaxing weekend, before the LAST treatment! You have been so amazingly strong. I'm ready to celebrate with you. Please let me know if you need anything during this last treatment week.
Love and prayers,
Laurie
Lots of Luck tomorrow Marsha!! Go in there with a "I'm outta here" attitude!!! Wow...It seems like you just flew through those treatments!! Thinking of you!! Congratulations on tomorrow being the END of treatments!! YEAH!!!!
Love, Denise
Post a Comment