- Oct. 16 -Thursday- National Boss' Day- Did you recognized the boss in your life? We all know that we all have one in our lives. This has been a very productive day for me. I have been able to be at home cleaning and getting rid of stuff. I feel so refreshed to do a mini-fall cleaning. Brody has been helping me (ha! ha!). He started out in "big boy" pants and has remained dry and clean. I think he is getting the hang of it because he has been telling me that he has to go "pee". No more then I write that he is doing a good job then we have an accident in his "big boy" pants.
- Oct. 17 -Friday- All were up and off to start the day. Olivia got to go to Renyers Pumpkin Patch today on a field trip. She was very excited to get to go and bring a packed lunch. When asking her what her favorite part of the day was: she enjoyed getting to put a pumpkin in a sling shot and launching it. I was hopeful that she might talk about the corn maze or the hay rack ride or even the large slide. After work I picked up Brody and headed home to pack the Yukon. Tim brought Olivia into the house which was very helpful because we were packing to head to Kansas City for the night. Tami, Trent and Avery Mars accompanied us to Kansas City to spend the night at the Co Co Key Water Park Resort. We met the Tibbetts family at the hotel and celebrated Sophia's birthday with cake.
Left to Right: Trent, Sophia, Brody, Olivia, Avery, Margret.
- Oct. 18 - Saturday- We were awakened early that morning to Brody crying after he fell out of bed. After I got him calmed down, some thoughtful soul (previous guest) had set the alarm clock in our room for 0500am. We did get to go back to sleep for a couple more hours before the kids couldn't wait to get their suits on. The water park was fabulous with a controlled 82 degrees temperature! I have included some pictures to show what it looked like. I must say us adults even found fun in the spa and going down the slides. The kids really did have a wonderful time and will be talking about Co Co Key for a while. A day at the pool would not be complete without having some ice cream so we had to stop on the way home for a treat. Olivia and Brody had to fill Daddy in on what he missed by not going when we got home.
Co Co Key Water Park!
Brody & Olivia enjoying the water slides!
Brody and Myself floating in the tube!
Tami & Trent in a double tube on the lazy river!
Sarah, Margret, Sophia Tibbetts
- Oct. 19 -Sunday-Happy Birthday to Curtis Stallbaumer! The kids slept in until about 8:45 this morning. I think that is a record. You think it might has something to do with the last couple days being very busy. Brody, Olivia and I went to church in Seneca. Tim went to bale up some more corn stocks. After mass we were invited to Mary Jane Hammes house for lunch and a tour of her home. They have a very lovely home and I hope they have a great vacation to Europe. Aunt Tarese was so kind to give Brody a haircut and long with all the other Hammes boys. We came home to let Brody take an afternoon nap. I have been feeling good. Only minor side effects like sore and achy muscles, watery eyes, and tender finger nails.
- Oct. 20-22 -Monday-Wednesday - Prior to my diagnosis, I did not have time to sit down to read a book or magazine. To many other things to do like work, keeping up with my kids, cleaning the house, laundry and the list goes on and on. Since then I have made it a priority to find time to read all I can about breast cancer. In particular one book stands out among all the others. It was given to me by one of my friends "Grace for Each Hour" by Mary J. Nelson this has been very inspiring and offered divine strength. I would highly recommend it to anyone that is going through treatment or even a survivor. I can't believe that Thursday will be my last chemo treatment. I having mixed emotions about this. Excited to be this far though my journey but not ready to be sick again. As normal I ask for your prayers.





8 comments:
Dear Marsha....
It's hard to believe tomorrow evening you will be done with your 6th(& final!)chemo. Will think of you tomorrow & pray that you don't feel too bad this week end! You seem to have a ton of energy most of the time, staying busy!
LOVED the pics of you all at the waterpark hotel! Heard from Trent & Avery that it was "so fun", & they did skee ball,too! I can just imagine you 2 moms with your 4 carseats, filled with excited chatter! :) Your little ones will remember this for a long time!
Love & prayers for a good day!
Loni
You're done! You're done! The sicky feeling will go away soon and you won't have to go get that chemo anymore!!! Have a great weekend and celebrate!!!
Love, Denise
Hi Marsh,
We're thinking of you today, during your LAST treatment. (YIPPEE!!) I hope you enjoy the special "surprises" that are in store for you today! I should have known that everything wouldn't fit in one box!! (What was I thinking?) You have way too many friends and family who care about you (and wanted to show it) for it to all fit in one box. We all wish we were there with you today, to see all of your goodies. Be sure to let us know what all you got! (I'm writing this because I know you are on the road and won't read it this morning!)
Also, thanks for asking us to go to Coco Key. Trent & Avery & I had a blast, and we would definitely recommend this place to anyone! It's so chilly out today, I think that hot tub would feel great right now! Although, I'm o.k. with not wearing a swimming suit again until next summer!
Thinking of you today...and this weekend. Just think...NO MORE CHEMO!!!! We're thankful that the chemo did the job it was supposed to do, and we're thankful that you're DONE with it!!
Talk soon.
Love,
Tami
ENDLESS CHEERS FOR MARSHA!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE DONE GIRL--YOU DID IT--WITH STRENGTH-GRACE-BEING POSITIVE--AND KNOWING THAT THERE WILL BE AN END TO THE CHEMO--NOW THATS A
GET-R-DONE ATTITUDE--HOPE YOUR NOT FEELING TO SHABBY TODAY--IF SO JUST CHILL AND RELAX AND RING YOUR BELL IF YOU NEED ANYTHING--YOU TRULY DESERVE IT--TIM AND KIDS WAY TO STAND BY YOUR WOMAN/MOM AND SUPPORT HER THROUGH THE GOOD AND BAD--YOU THREE ARE ALSO HEROES!!! MARSHA, AS MANY PEOPLE CONTINUE TO SHOWER YOU WITH PRAYER AND SUPPORT, I WISH YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY FROM YOUR LAST TREATMENT, AND WISH YOU THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE PAM
Marsha,
What a great feeling to have completed chemo! Hopefully you're starting to feel better by now. Let me know if you need anything this week. The girls and I should be around all week.
It looks like you guys had a great time during your weekend outing. It looks similar to the Great Wolf Lodge. I'm sure the kids loved it!
Love and prayers,
Laurei
Marsha,
I'm hoping this goes through. I have tried numerous times and it does not seem to want to work for me. How exciting to be through with your treatments. You have been so amazing to watch with your courageousness and strength. The kids, Trav and I haven't missed a night yet without putting your name (mostly known as Olivia's Mom in our house-so much for your own identity :))in our nightly prayers! God Bless you and continue to be strong!
The Haverkamps
Travis, Nickie, Kamble, Ian, Lena, and Ben
Hey Marsha -
Just checking in - Hope you aren't feeling too bad from your last treatment. It sure looks like you guys had a blast swimming. Well - keep smiling and have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Janet
Hello Marsha-
I've been reading your updates every week and glad to hear that you are finished. I've been thinking about you and your family and now enjoy life! Take care--Julie K.
Post a Comment