Sunday, November 9, 2008

My good week #6

  • Nov. 7 - Friday- Wishing Kim Bontrager a happy birthday today! Brody and I spent the day at home. Early afternoon we went out to Grandpa and Grandma's house to help set up their computer. They now have high speed Internet vs. dial-up. In exchange for doing this they made us chili for dinner. It tasted so good on a cold and windy day. Came home to relax and get the kids in bed. We would like to Thank Laura & John Whetzal for the frozen meal and thanksgiving hand towel.
  • Nov. 8 - Saturday- I was up early and left the rest of the house snug as bug in their rugs. I travelled to Sabetha to meet my sister-in-law for breakfast. We spent the rest of the day Christmas shopping in St. Joe. Ali and Jeff meet us for lunch. It was great to see them and glad college is going well for them. I'm very lucky and have most of my shopping done. Tim and the kids spent the day out at the farm. I think Grandma Loralea helped watch the kids some of the day. I need to recognize Tim's Aunt Jean & Uncle Joe for their continued support by sending cards of encouragement. Hello to all of the family in California and so glad to know that you can stay up dated on my progress.
  • Nov. 9 - Sunday- Feeling tired, having muscle/bone achyness, fluid retention, drippy nose, and watery eyes, I think that I'm doing well. These side effects I have had for awhile now and I try not to dwell on them. Church was full today and that was fitting since we had our soup luncheon from 11-2pm with auction following. We were luck this year and won two items on the chance books. One can't have to many gathering to celebrate the end of chemo cycles. Laurie & Troy Kramer and family, Jay & Tami Mars and twins, Ed Meyer, Rob Steinlage, Vaugh Sowers, Earl Sowers & Denise Haverkamp and our family had a pizza party together. We also had another great reason to celebrate because, Lordy, Lordy Laurie turned 40 this next week. We had a good excuse to have piece of cake. I do have to say that Vaugh made a excellent "bucket of trash". Now I know that is not a "drink". I have included a group photo.
  • Nov. 10 - Monday- A workday for all.
  • Nov. 11 - Tuesday- Veterans Day- Sending out a Birthday wish to auntie Rosalyn Stallbaumer and Laurie Kramer.
  • Nov. 12 - Wednesday- Happy Anniversary to Tarese and Dave.
  • Nov. 13 - Thursday- The big question on everyones mind is: What is next in my treatment plan? I know that is the case because I have had many people asking. There is nothing easy about the next step for me. I will be having surgery the end of the month like they promised me back in the beginning before I started my chemo. Today I traveled to Kansas City to have my pre-op apt. with my surgeon and the anesthesia staff at KU Med Hospital. I do hope that God will continue to shower me with his protection and be with the medical staff caring for me. I continue to ask and know that you all will keep me in your thoughts and prayers this next week. Peace and Love to all. Marsha

10 comments:

Loni said...

Marsha,
The answer is "NO"! you can not have too many celebrations to honor the end of chemo!!! Thinking back to June, you probably couldn't imagine yourself 6 mo. down the road! So many steps have been taken as you go foward to being cancer free.
I meant to comment on all the gifts you got at your final treatment,thinking you have to be the sweetest smelling gal in the county with those lotions & creams! :) Thanks for taking the time to let us take this journey with you. And I'm praying for you as you face the next step in your road to recovery & healing.
You are truly blessed to have the support of family & friends(even a 40 yr. old one!) surrounding you at this time!
Peace....and hugs,
Loni

Anonymous said...

Marsha!
I love the picture, I am so glad that you are feeling better and done with your chemo. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers with your upcoming surgery. Take care and I'll be praying for you! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!! You have much to be Thankful for this year!!
Denise and Family

Anonymous said...

Your journey with this dreaded disease has almost come to an end!! You go girl!! :0) It has been hard for me to see yet another family member go through this, but God must know we have a strong family!! We will be praying for you that your surgery and especially your recovery will be a quick one. I just had some blood work and x-ray done for my 15, yes 15, year check-up!! So just keep believing in yourself!! We are the survivors!!
Erika

Sarah said...

Hey---Usually I can enlarge your pics so I can see everyone better--but not this time:(-----Anyway--Looks like you all have a blast there in small-town America!!Seriously,It is a special place and you have so many awesome friends and family around you there. Like Loni said..thanks for journaling and sharing with us. We know you have some difficult stuff to go through this week and we want to send all our love & prayers to keep you safe & secure. I pray that it is easier on you than you expect and that you can see past all this to a wonderful Christmas time with your babies & hubby and your hair growing back!!! We love you, Sarah,Russ & girls in KC :)

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you so much this last couple of days. We continue to pray for you to have the strength to get through this. You have been so strong through everything! You truly are an inspiration to me. Please let me know if you need anything at any time. (company, food, babysitters, etc.) I bought a couple of movies when I went shopping that I can lend you or even watch with you with a bowl of popcorn. I am only 20 seconds away! Oh wait, I'm 40 now, give me 30 seconds!

Love and prayers,

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Marsha,
Sending warm wishes and prayers your way from Baileyville. As always if you need anything, ASK! I can't help but make a comment about watching a movie with Laurie - you may want to call her very early - by the time she finds her BIFOCALS and gets her WALKER manipulated out the door the movie may be over!!:) Laughter is the best medicine!!

Hugs and Prayers -
Jan

Tami said...

Marsha,

Thinking of you this week. I know you will be glad when it's Thursday! You have been so strong through all of this...but please know that it's o.k. to ask for help! We're all here for you, and want to help.

Next week is Thanksgiving, and we are all THANKFUL that you have come through this with flying colors. Our prayers have been heard!

Much love, hugs, thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow! Be strong!

We love you,

Tami, Jay, Trent & Avery

Anonymous said...

Marsha--
I am thinking and praying for you today. I hope you make a fast recovery after your surgery. You are truly an inspiration to me and everyone else in this community. I hope you know that you can ask for anything anytime. We are all pulling for you.
Lot of Love and Prayers
Jim, Renee and Kids

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you--Julie K.

Brenda Q. said...

Marsha
We heard that you're doing well after your surgery! I'm so glad that is over for you!! We're thinking of you and praying for your speedy recovery. You've had such amazing inner strength throughout this whole process... what an inspiration!!
Love,
Ron, Brenda, & Family