- Dec. 1 - Monday- I spent the day around the house. I did get a nap in this afternoon. Dana Bradley and Donna Zinke came down around 3:30pm to help assembling my artificial tree the first time I've ever had someone help put up my holiday decorations. Tracy Koch brought over chicken noodle soup for us that will be great for all these cold days we have been having. Olivia got home from school and was sooooooo excited to be part of the decorating process. We did run into a small problem. I had borrowed my mom's tree and she forgot to bring me the middle 5 sets of branches. The tree did look aaaaa little lets say "strange". Dana and Donna had to get home but Dana was so kind to go get the missing branches and give them to Amy Huerter. Amy brought down sandwiches for dinner and the branches. We did get the tree put together and decorated. It all turned out perfect.
- Dec. 2 - Tuesday- I made it all day with out my narcotic pain pill yesterday and so I thought I would try it again today. I still have been using Ibuprofen or Tylenol for pain control. I still have been needing my pain pill at night to help me stay comfortable to sleep. I want to get back to driving and having Brody at home and I don't feel comfortable doing those things with a narcotic pain pill in my system. I have been missing Brody and so is the rest of the family. I was able to take a nap today. Janet and Keri Heideman stopped in for a visit and brought so very yummy cookies. Do you think you could e-mail me the recipe.
- Dec. 3 - Wednesday- The day started like all other school days. After all left, I had the house to myself. I was able to get a little reading done, check e-mails, call and talk to my sister. Tim called to ask me for a lunch date. We went to Soldier to the bar (just missed the big crowd of deer hunter's -opening day) for a good cheeseburger. After lunch we did have to go feed the cow's two bales of hay. Can you picture Tim and I in the tractor together. It was nice to spend time together. He brought me home for my nap. Olivia came home from school. Donna Zinke came down to put up my outside lights but I told her that it was much to cold to do that. Instead we sat and visited. She also brought us chili for supper. I got to drive (all of 6 blocks round trip) for the first time since surgery to take Olivia up to CCD. Congratulations goes out to Nickie and Travis Haverkamp on the birth of their new baby girl.
- Dec. 4 - Thursday- BUSY, BUSY, BUSY. We were up to do the normal school routine. I then left the house to drive myself to Nancy Henry house. The two of us left for Kansas City for my Dr's appointment. Before my apt. we had enough time to have lunch at Cheeseburger in Paradise. At my appointment I was happy to get rid of the two drains that I had in. I very excited about this because that means I can take a shower. You don't know how good a shower feels until you've been without one for 15 days. Nancy and I did stop in Topeka on the way home to do a little Christmas shopping. We got home in time for Nancy's to leave for a junior high ball game and I came home to leave for Olivia first Christmas Program. Grandma Cheryl came to the program with Brody. We brought Brody home with us. I was very tired and sore so all were encouraged to be off to bed.
- Dec. 5 - Friday- The first day that I kept Brody home with me all day without a helper. The day did go better then expected. You see with him weighing 25-30 pounds and being two years of age I was a little apprehensive. My weight restriction after surgery is 5-10 pounds for 6 weeks post surgery. I'm now 2.5 weeks out. I have been giving Brody piggyback rides and he is like them. We had several phone calls from people checking in on us. We both got a 2 hour nap!! I guess we both need it. Grandpa Frank stopped into check on us. Tim came by the house and took Brody with him to the farm. Gerri Stewart came down with several frozen items and meal starts. We did have the nicest visit. The kids and Tim came home and we had dinner together. I took my first shower and it felt wonderful. A nice evening at home together.
- Dec. 6 - Saturday- The kids and I spent most of the day wrapping presents. Olivia job was to pick out the gift tags and Brody would place the gifts under the tree. This seemed to take all day. This would be the first day I didn't get a nap in. I was feeling very tired. Tim got home for all of us to have dinner together and relax for the evening.
- Dec. 7 - Sunday- Olivia and I went to church together. Brody and Tim went to the farm together. My aunt Rosie and Alex came down to the house to visit. She did bring gifts that
the kids loved. I have included a picture of the kids and Alex. Tim called and asked if we would like to ride in the semi-truck to deliver a load of hay to Baileyville. While there the kids and I went into visit with my aunt Rosalyn, Kevin and Curtis. The kids loved seeing there Christmas decorations. We came back through Seneca and stopped for pizza. I really enjoyed getting to visit with all our relatives today.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Many First!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Hi Marsha,
So glad you are able to have Brody with you again. As Moms it's hard to be away from our little ones. Sounds like you are on the mend. Thank you for allowing us to follow your progress. Wishing you only the Best in years to come. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!
Ann Stallbaumer
It is so good to hear that you are doing normal things again, like no medication, having Brody home, showering, going all day w/o a nap although, you should really try to get that in daily!! Take it easy and enjoy the Holidays with Tim and the kids!! The 4 of you deserve it greatly!!!
Merry Christmas!
Denise
I'm happy to hear of the progress you are making. It is so wonderful to be surrounded by friends and family that love you so much and are there when you need them. Looking forward to reading more on your continued progress. So many hoops to go thru, but I'm sure it feels great when you make it thru each one (a shower after 15 days...yay) Hope you have many more good days ahead of you.
Diane Sowers
Hello Marsha,
Just stopping in to check on you. I love the new background. Very appropriate. I am glad I was able to help you. If you still need help with the playlist or anything let me know. I would be glad to come down and help you sometime. Not right now though as I seem to be coming down with something. I am so glad you gave all of us the chance to share in your experience. You are certainly an inspiration to all. I am so glad to hear of your continued progress and that things are moving in the right direction.
Amy
Marsha -
Wow - your new page looks awesome! I was so glad to hear you don't have your "little friends" hanging at your sides anymore. That means you are doing great. I guess it is a good thing you got all those great smelling lotions since you couldn't shower for so long! I almost think that would be harder than the surgery?? Take it easy -
Janet
Wow! What an awesome facelift for your blog! Looks great. So glad to see you for a little while last night. If you need anything else, just give me a call.
Merry Christmas!!
Brenda
Hello Marsha
I'm # 96 :)
The background change is great! Not only is it appropriate, it looks like a beautiful scrapbook page! Astetics, gotta love em!
Love ya,
Tarese
I love the new background!! You looked great the other day when you stopped by to visit at work. You are truly amazing. Take it easy, remember you are only a few weeks status post.
Dana
Marsha,
The website update looks great. Too bad you didn't have the "people counter" from the beginning...I think you would have been shocked by the number.
Glad you're feeling so good. Let's cross our fingers that our trip to Mexico pans out SOON!!! Otherwise, we might have to leave the men at home & go without them! :)
Enjoy your Christmas with your babies.
Holiday Cheer,
Tami & family
Oh hey---I would be willing to go in Tim's place, the beach sounds really awesome right now ---he he !!
Marsha--the website is so cute!! Are you feeling more like yourself again?? Talk to you soon--we are praying for you! Luke 1:38 Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord,May it be done to me according to your word."
Love, Sarah
Marsha,
I thought I had gotten into the wrong website when I opened your page. It looks great! It was nice getting to visit with you on Saturday. Sorry we were late! Let me know when Weston will work for you. They have the best cheeseburgers that I have ever had! Seriously, last time I ate two.
Hope we can get together through Christmas break!
Happy Holidays!
Laurie
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
It may be cold outdoors, but everyone is warm in heart on this glorious day. We celebrated Christmas eve day and night with our crew and today is my cleanup day. This house seems big until we have to find beds for 9. Almost feels like the Waltons. (This tells my age) Oh well that's the fun of the occasion.
I am sure Olivia and Brody were ecstatic waking up this morning to lots of toys and escecially parents that have coasted them though the past 6 months patiently. Marsha,you have been such an inspiration for all of us mothers and make us think a bad hair day isn't such a big deal, but life with our family is. Have a Merry Christmas and many happy,healthy years ahead.
Love your aunt Rosalyn,
Mike, Curtis, Bryce, Maddy, Kevin, Darcel, Alicia & Kendall.
Post a Comment