skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- Dec. 29 - Monday- Doesn't seem like a Monday to me, I think it is because of the holidays my weeks are all mixed up. It seems everyday is a Saturday or Sunday. To prepare for the big switch to HD TV programs we changed our cable service. The installation fellow came to the house today to get us all ready. Olivia is very excited because she can now watch her cartoons on all the TV's in the house. Tarese, Colten, Dominic, Mariana, and Joel came down to our house for supper and a movie. We ordered a pay per-view movie Space Chimps for all to watch. The movie turned out to be pretty good. The best part was the new DVR the allowed us to pause the live movie that we rented, tend to the kids needs, then return to the movie right where we left off. This techno age we live in is something else.
- Dec. 30 - Tuesday - On the road again, just can't wait to get back on the road again. Olivia had a check-up in Topeka for her asthma. I was not looking forward to this because we had not been using her inhaler as prescribed. She had been doing so much better and with everything that has gone on with myself it was not a big priority. Thank goodness her PFT's showed that her lung function had improved. That meant that her doctor was OK with what we had done. WHOOP! We then headed to Kansas City so that I could get a "fill-up". This process only takes about 15-30minutes; a very short time compared to the drive. I was very happy to have my mom ride along with us.
- Dec. 31 - Wednesday - Reflecting on the past year is what I'm doing on the last day of 2008. I would have never thought back in Dec. 2007; I would be a publicist for a blog or any of the other things our family has endured this past year. We never know what the future might hold for each of us, that is way we must enjoy the present and make the best of what we are given. The kids and I walked down the street to visit Quentin Alderfer (parents are Cole and Jill) who is the newest little baby on our block. Olivia and Brody both had to hold him and give him plenty of kisses. They can't wait until this summer to get to play with him more. Olivia and I went with Laurie, Jill, Erika, and Drew to mass in Wetmore. After mass we got the opportunity to visit with the Henry family a little bit. The kids packed up their new sleeping bags to spend the night at Grandpa & Grandma Grossnickles. Tim & I went to the 5th annual New Years Eve Bash a couples blocks down the street. I would say we danced the night away but you all know us; we really just visited the night away. All was going well till, Laurie slipped while dancing and landed on her elbow. She ended up making a trip to the local ER to have her elbow x-ray. Not what they had planned for the new year.
- Jan 1, 2009 - Thursday- Wishing all of my followers a happy 2009!!! Tim and I started the day by going to Grandpa and Grandma's to pick up the kids. We spent the rest of the day watching some TV and playing with the kids toys. I did call to check on Laurie. She said that she had ruptured her bursa and the x-ray showed no apparent fracture but would have the final radiology report back in a couple days. What the heck is a bursa- (the plural form is bursae) is a tiny fluid-filled sac that functions as a gliding surface to reduce friction between tissues of the body. There are 160 bursae in the body. The major bursae are located adjacent to the tendons near the large joints, such as the shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees. So glad to hear that your injuries were minor.
- Jan 2 - Friday- With the weather pleasant (in the 40's) and mild (little wind). I encouraged the kids that we go outside. The immediately headed over to the sandbox and asked to have a friend over to play with. We could tell all of the neighbors where anxious to be out too because ever where you looked you could see someone out and about. I ran the kids up to my parents house to spend the night. Tim and I went to Topeka for Cheryl (Bowhay) Gales surprise 40th birthday party. Her husband did a great job planning and hosting the party. I told Tim that this party gave us some ideas for all the up coming 40th birthday party's that we could be attending this next year.
- Jan 3 - Saturday-Sending out a birthday wish to Alicia Stallbaumer from her Godmother. I do wish that I could have been with her in Colorado snow skiing to help her celebrate. Oh!!to be in college again:) I did have to sleep a little later this morning, I think because I need to caught up since we had 2 late night this past week. Besides I have not been sleeping that great at night. I head up to Seneca to go to the post office, bank and pick-up some flowers for my mom. Tim called and asked me if I wanted to have lunch with him because he was in town. Why of course I would. After a lunch date I went to get the kids from my parents. The drive home proved to be slow and steady with icy mist coming down. Glad to say I'm now inside updating my blog.
- Jan 4- Sunday- What is next for me???? I will be having doctors appointment this week and next week. I will meet with the Radiation Oncologist the following week in Topeka. I did request to see a radiation oncologist closer to home. Because my oncologist hinted that general treatment is Monday through Friday for 5 to 6 weeks. I will let you all know more details when I know something. With the diagnosis of breast cancer I would have come to many realizations. I have experienced a wide range of emotions including disbelief, sorrow, frustration, humility, love, gratitude, and bliss. I am forever thankful for my husband, family, friends and colleagues who have shared so much of themselves to support me. These acts of compassion, cards, meals, phone calls, prayers, and hugs are all deeply appreciated. The celebration of being "cancer free" came sooner than I had expected. We are ecstatic to begin this new year with plans to enjoy life's moments to the full it. Peace to all.
3 comments:
Marsha-I just caught up with your blog/activities. I am so glad that you and your family had a great Christmas together. It is always nice to spend time with friends & family, especially your own kids. They grow up so fast. Keep making memories with them every chance you get. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. I have been missing you at work, so hopefully I will see you soon. My wish for you in 2009 is health and happiness!! Julie Strader
Hey Marsha -
So glad to hear that 2008 went out on a good note and 2009 is starting out well. Just want to let you know I think about you often.
Janet
Dear Marsha,
It is so wonderful to have your smiling face back at work. You have been and will be an inspiration to all of us as trials enter our lives. Love Donna Zinke
Post a Comment