- Jan. 5 - Monday- Today is Aunt Rosie's 60th Birthday. I hope she is feeling better and over the cold/flu that she has been having. It is never fun to be sick especially on ones birthday. The was my first day back to work after being off for 6 weeks post surgery. The whole family had to get back into the routine of going back to school and daycare. Poor Brody had the hardest time with the morning routine; not wanting to get up and get going. After we got to daycare he was so happy to see all his old friends. Upon my return everyone has been so kind and welcomed me back with open arms. I need to thank the person that was so thoughtful to purchase me a meal ticket upon my return. Thanks again.
- Jan. 6 - Tuesday- My second day back to work and I'm getting back in swing of things. I received a call at work today saying that the Knight of Columbus of Corning plan to host a free will donation supper for Julie Glissman and myself on Feburary 15th. I continue to be honored by the continued support and love the Corning community continues to bestow. Bless all of you. It is amazing the number of things that have changed and I need to get caught up on. With going back to work my days seem to go by so much faster and our evenings are over before they even start. Tami Mars stopped to get the supplies I had for the kids Christmas party. The party was rescheduled for Wednesday this week and now I will not be able to make it:( I'm feeling a little tired at the end of the day. Nothing a good hot shower and sitting down to read a book won't cure.
- Jan. 7 - Wednesday- Up to get Olivia off to school. Brody went with Tim to the farm to help Grandpa feed the cows and work in the shop with Tim. My aunt Rosalyn meet me at our house. I have 3 different appointments. A recheck with my doctor, Bone Density Test and a "Fill-up". I do my best to schedule all of my appointment on the same day so I not running to Kansas City so much. After visiting with my plastic surgeons nurse she informed me by having radiation therapy the whole reconstruction process will be delayed this was a little disheartening to hear. To be exact the skin will need 6 months of rest after the last radiation treatment before they would continue any of the reconstruction process. So that means I will be luck to have that whole process completed before the end of this year. Rosalyn and I had time to have lunch together at Jack Stacks BBQ downtown on the Plaza between my appointments. I would like to Thank you Rosalyn for going along and it was a fun day. After my last appointment we stopped at KU Med Hospital and visited with Julie and Dave Glissman. I'm so glad to hear all is going well for them and that they did have nice holidays. We made it home in time to get the kids, so Tim and Ron could go to the Topeka farm show.
- Jan. 8 - Thursday- I woke up with hoarse voice, sinus drainage, and cough. I usually get that once a year so this did surprise me. The worst part is that is usually goes straight to me chest. I did go to work today. As the day went on I felt more tired and some achiness to go with it. I put a call into my local doctor office to ask if they thought I should take anything or not. Came home after work had some soup that Tim made and went to bed as early as I could. Not as early as I wanted, too.
- Jan. 9 - Friday-Sooooo happy to be able to stay home today. I got a phone call from my doctor we discussed by symptoms and recommended that I need to start some meds. This meant I would have to leave the house to go get the medication. Brody and I made a quick trip to Seneca to get the medication so I could get two doses in today. We got home in time to get in a nap. We went to pick Olivia up at the farm after school. We decided it would be a perfect evening for a movie. We watched "Bewitched" that we have on loan.
- Jan. 10 - Saturday- I still have a cough, sinus drainage, hoarse voice but feeling less tired and run down this morning. Since I was feeling that much better, Ha! Ha! I decided to tackle the dreaded taking down the Christmas tree and decorations job. That took me and the kids all day to get it all done. Wow, it always feels so good after you get it finished.
I have included a picture of Brody after we finished. That evening Tim, the kids, and I went out for dinner and went to visit Terry Bowhay family up in DuBois. - Jan. 11 - Sunday- Brody and I went to church together this morning. He has not been for awhile because I was not sure if I could handle him with all my weight restrictions if he had acted out. I'm happy to say he was pretty good and I didn't have to take him out of church. Thank the Lord. Olivia went with her Dad to the farm to do chores while we went to church. Later in the afternoon, my mom came down. We decided to go for a Sunday afternoon drive. I did have something to drop off at Nancy Henry house so our drive include going by her house. The kids were very excited to stop by because they had their little pony (Lizzie) hitched to the buggy. The kids both got to go on a buggy ride around the farm. They both were very excited about this. This must have wore both of them out because they were asleep not 3-4 miles down the road. Can you say pizza? We had a Book It Certificate Olivia wanted to use. Rob Steinlage decided to join us because is sounded so good. I will be going this next week to visit with the radiation oncologist. Keep me in all your prayers.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Back to the real world of work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Marsha,
Glad that your first week back at work went well. The first week back is the WORST week. My students and I were a little slow getting back into the swing of things.
Sorry that I missed you yesterday. It sounds like you had a fun afternoon!
I still haven't seen a bracket for next week. I'll let you know when I get one, so we can make our plans. Have a good one!
Laurie
Marsha,
Been thinking of you and the family I will keep you in my prayers.
Monica*
Marsha,
Glad to hear that you were able to start meds & will hopefully be feeling better soon. But sorry to hear from Tim this morning, that Olivia didn't go to school today. Avery missed last Thursday, and Trent got sick Friday night. So it's going around.
We'll be thinking of you during your appointment on the 14th. I know that you're disappointed about the new "reconstruction schedule", but this will be for the best...right?!
Thanks for the update. I hadn't heard about the KoC dinner in February. That'll be great for you and Julie.
Talk soon.
Love,
Tam
Just checking in on you. We continue to keep you and your family in our prayers.
Post a Comment