Wednesday, January 14, 2009

!?!?!? Radiation !?!?!?

  • Jan. 12 - Monday- It seems the nasty cold and flu like symptoms have now effected other family members then me. Olivia was running a fever and complaining that her stomach was upset this morning. I did keep her home from school. I dosed her up with meds and she seemed to do better on them. Her being under the weather was a good enough excuse for an afternoon nap for all of us.
  • Jan. 13 - Tuesday- We all went back to work, school, and daycare with meds on board. I waited all day to get a call from the school but she must of toughed it out. When she got home from school she took a hour and half nap. That right there tells me her body is needing the rest to heal or fight whatever bug is making her ill.
  • Jan. 14 - Wednesday- Tim and I went to Topeka to meet with my Radiation Oncologist this afternoon. The appointment was scheduled for 1:00pm and we left the office at 3:15pm. We left feeling confused and frustrated. The doctor did not feel like I needed to have radiation based on what my pathology reports. I already knew that fact and that is why they told me that they recommend radiation as a preventive thing. So the Radiation Oncologist planned to visit with my doctors in Kansas City and then get back with me. What to do? Wait and see? Call my oncologist office myself? Talk to another Radiation Oncologist? So many questions. Will this end up being something I have to decided if I need or what? Oh! and by the way thanks for your office payment of $25.00 and taking the day off work and spending 3 hours of your time waiting with no answer. All and all this was a waste of #*%^&# time!, as Tim might have wrote. Now I have to wait another 2 weeks before anything will be decided because the Radiation Oncologist had plans to be gone for a week and half and then wants to visit with my oncologist and plastic surgeon before proceeding any further.
  • Jan. 15 - Thursday-Avery Mars came down to the house and got on the bus with Olivia this morning. It is amazing how my kids got up and ready with out much complaining when they were reminded that Avery would be down in the morning. I might have to have other kids come down and get on the bus all the time. LOL!!! I went to work today. I don't know what is up but most everyone I saw today told me how great I looked. This makes me think: A. that is very nice of them and thanks for making me feel good. B. is it that I have eye lashes back and that is what makes be look better. C. Did I look pretty bad the last time I saw them. D. all the above and make-up make a world of difference.
  • Jan. 16 - Friday- Wanting Sarah Tibbetts to know: We are extending her a very happy and great birthday wish. Looking forward to coming to KC the end of the month to visit and celebrate your birthday with you. I was up early and set off for work by 0700am. I was very surprise to discovered the light dusting of snow was more like a 1/2 accumulation on the ground with snow still coming down. Brody and I didn't go any faster than 50mph on the way to work. While at work I spoke to our family doctor about Olivia symptoms and I explained she has had a fever every morning and evening since Sunday. Did I need to get her started on anything? Yipeee we did get something and will be able to start it today. I decided to make a mad dash to Kansas City for a "fill-up". So I picked Brody up from daycare and told him that he was going to have a date night with his mom and Donna Zinke. We all made it to my physicians office by 4:00pm. The roads and weather turned out to be better that the morning travels and I can't mention how fast I drove in case my brother the officer of the law might read this. I guess it wouldn't matter to much because very little of my travel time was in his jurisdiction. Brody insisted that we stop on the way home for a nice dinner, so he let Donna pick the restaurant. She choose Granite City a very nice place near the Race Track and Legends Mall. I think the best part of having all these Dr's appointments is getting to try all new restaurants each time.
  • Jan. 17 - Saturday-Tim was off to the farm/shop for most of the day. The kids stayed with me at the house. I decided to do some house cleaning. The kids thought it was fun to help for a short time then they went off to do other things. Tim came to town later in the day and both kids went out to the shop to help him. Yahhhhh! Peace and quite. When they returned, I had dinner ready. I was a evening filled with movies.
  • Jan. 18 - Sunday-Tim was up early and delivered a semi-load of hay bright and early. The kids and I went to Church in Kelly. This was the first time since starting chemo therapy back in July that I felt strong enough to try and handle both kids through mass. I'm very excited to say we did it! As I wrote back in September Laurie, Tami and myself have been going out for each other birthdays for about 8 years. We are finally going out for Laurie's birthday which was back in November. We meet and got to go to the movie, Marley and Me. I was a great movie and if one left the theater without a tear I would be very surprised. "We can not change the end results for any of us but living each moment to the fullest is what all will remember." A girls outing would not be complete without a special treat. Hot fudge or carmel ice cream sundaes fit that ticket.

3 comments:

Pam said...

HEY MARSHA--GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE AT THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL--YOUR ONE TOUGH COOKIE GAL AND I DO HOPE YOUR RADIATION ORDEAL WORKS OUT FOR THE BEST--I HAVEN'T WROTE IN A WHILE BUT HAVE BEEN READING YOUR UPDATES--YOUR SPIRITS CONTINUE TO AMAZE ME--MARSHA WHEN I READ ABOUT YOUR SPIRITUALNESS(IF THAT IS EVEN A WORD) I THINK OF THE SONG "LEAN ON ME" IT WAS A HIT WHEN WE WERE YOUNGANS BACK IN THE 80'S--DO YA REMEMBER?? SENDING WARM WISHES YOUR WAY AND I'M PLANNING TO COME TO CORNING, KANSAS IN FEBRUARY FOR YOUR AND JULIE'S "THINGY" (SORRY I'M SO LIKE DUH RIGHT NOW I CAN'T EVEN THINK OF THE RIGHT WORD TO USE BUT YA GET MY DRIFT)--SEE YA THEN IF NOT BEFORE.....

PAM

Sarah said...

Marsha---you sound so busy!! I appreciate the shout out~~ but I would have loved to have seen you!! You are sneaky coming in and out of KC so much!! I am sure you never know what is going to happen from one day to the next and I am happy you were able to get a fill-up on friday!! Since you are closer to our creator these days would you put in a good work for my Dad?--his back is real bad right now. He went to the ER but they sent him home. Love to read your updates!! Can't wait to seee you!!Love, Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hey Marsha -

Well, I know you didn't really want to do the whole radiation thing from the beginning so may be you won't have to after all. I'm thinking God is giving you a much needed break in the action. Glad to hear you finally got that girls night out! Keep us posted on the benefit supper. Thinking about you.

Jan