Jan. 19 -Monday-The beginning of another work week. I'm so thankful to be saying that and be going into work. My dear sweet daughter came home after school with a couple tidbit of information. The first being she wanted to participate in Centralia Kiddie Dance Team Clinic. This is open to all kids K-6 who will attend an one day practice and then preform at the half-time of the Varsity Boys Basketball game. She handed me a blue sign up paper and said PLEASE let me do this. We then told her she would have to preform in front of a large crowd. She said "that's OK, I really want to do this." The second bit of information she shared was that Father Arul had an accident near Sarah Koch's house. By the looks of his car he is lucky to have friends in high places. Sending him get well wishes.
- Jan. 20 - Tuesday-NOTE CHANGE OF DATE: The Knights of Columbus of Corning is planning a benefit with proceeds going to Julie Glissman and myself. This will be held on February 22nd (Sunday). They plan to serve chili, chicken noodle, sandwiches and dessert. I will send you another announcement closer to the date with complete details. I had to call in my first refill on my chemo med. I can't believe it been a month already. I have been having some side effects: like sore achy joints and muscles. Feels like I have worked out at the gym real good, but I know that not true. The pharmacist tells me that he has others on this medication and it made them feel the same way. It only lasted for about three months!!! I also have been not sleeping the best. This lead me to try taking the chemo med in the AM vs. the PM. I'm hopeful this will make a difference. If that doesn't work I'm sure I could get another pill to take:)
- Jan. 21 - Wednesday-Tim & his Dad left for Oklahoma to deliver a tractor. He was up and gone before the school routine began. I had to go it alone this morning. It work out that I had the day off work. My sister came down with her youngest two kids. Brody was so happy to see them. Later in the day Tim called to tell me the trip had gone fine. They were having dinner with a fellow car dealer friend and would spend the night in Oklahoma City.
- Jan. 22 - Thursday-The kids and I where up and in the middle of the morning routine. When the phone rings, Tim was calling to see how it was going. I told him it was going. Glad to say that all went smooth and I could be to work on time. At the end of the work day Dana and I were getting ready to go home when we got a call saying we had a patient. That meant we would be staying late. I called to make daycare arrangements, but let's say Brody had other ideas. So Thank you Deb for helping me out!!
- Jan. 23 - Friday- It was nice to have Tim back home to help with the morning routine. Brody and I spent the day together. To cold to go outside. Later in the day Tim called and asked if the family would like to take a road trip. He need to go look a trailer. While
traveling down the road Tim gets a call saying that the guy had just sold the trailer to someone else. Bummer! We turned around and headed back home. The wind had picked up and started to snow. I guess that decrease our driving time in the bad weather. - Jan. 24 - Saturday-With the outside temperature at 14 degrees we are happy to remain in doors. The kids got out some of our games and we played them most of the morning. They even got to use their light brite. I have included a picture of the finished creation. After playing boardgames Brody wanted to go outside so he got all dressed up and decided after less than 1 minute he didn't want to play in his sand box it was too cold. Tim and I invited some friend out for dinner. We went to Rulo, Nebraska to Camp Rulo Riverside Restaurant. They are famous for their fish dinners. I have included a group photo. From left to right: Val & Kevin Olberding, Myself &
Tim, Julie & Stacy Rethman. We all returned to our house for a round of 10 point pitch guys vs. gals. Need I mention the gals were the winners. - Jan. 25 - Sunday- Olivia & I went to Church while Tim & Brody went to do cattle chores. Tim & I switched kids after that. You see I have a doctor's appointment on Monday in Kansas City at 0800am. To avoid driving in bad weather I choose to travel a day early. Tim gets a little nervous and doesn't like me to be out on the roads in bad weather. Brody & I took off for the big city. Weather and roads were fine. We got to town early so we went to see Sarah at work. It was fun for me because I was able to see the hospital that I use to work at back back in my single days. The place has changed and grown even bigger. After Sarah got off work we head back to her house. That evening we meet her kids and parents at Jose Peppers for dinner. It was great to see them. Boy its been awhile, but they were looking good. It was great to get to celebrate Sarah's birthday. Brody & I would like to thank the Tibbetts family for allowing us to stay with them, our visits are always to short. Peace Out.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Free of doctor appointments this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Marsha,
As usual, it sounds like you had a busy week. Rulo, Nebraska to Kansas City! I can just hear Tim talking about the miles you're putting on the vehicles! ha
Hope you get your meds straightened out. A girl needs her beauty sleep...right!
You should have called me on Thursday, I could have picked Brody up in Seneca on my way through!
Oh, and I'm so jealous that Olivia is excited about the Dance Camp. I've told my kids that they have to go to the camp, but then they can decide whether or not they are performing at half-time. Right now, they both say that they are NOT performing in front of all those people! Dang it! We'll see...hopefully they'll change their minds when they see that all of their friends are there!
Talk soon.
Tam
I agree with Tammi---A girl needs her beauty sleep but you look amazing!! You have more energy than me......like always ----after you left I had to take a nap!! I pray that the decision for radiation is what God wants for you and that he guides that process as he Has guided you thus far. You are still an inspiration to us! My parents were really thrilled to see you and how great you look.
We love you,
Sarah & family
Post a Comment