Monday, April 27, 2009

April is coming to an end!

I'm back ....... so are you all ready for more.
  • Olivia is playing soccer for the first time, she also got to try on her flower girl dress for the big wedding the end of May, and is getting ready for her kindergarten graduation.
  • Brody has been busy driving his new battery operated tractor that he got for his Birthday. He has become an auspicious the little driver. Two weeks ago Brody had the vomiting and diarrhea (at the same time) that lasted 4-5 days. Poor little fellow. Come to find out that he must of had the rota virus.
  • Tim is always busy. He is gearing up for the big summer of haying. He is getting all the equipment check out and ready to go. He even got the mower ready for me.
  • I have been running the kids here and there, cleaning up messes, celebrated my godchild's first communion, and even did a little shopping without kids.

That should sum up the big things that have consumed most of our time. I do have to admit that it has been great not having to arrange my life around doctor appointments. I'm really enjoying spring and continue to look forward to summer. Speaking of Doctor appointment I did have to return to see Dr. K. (my radiation oncologist) on the 27th. She was very pleased with the condition of my skin and how it had healed. I have only minor areas to my back and under arm that the skin is a tan color. This is minor and expected side effect from the radiation. Dr. K had to give me a big hug and say that she knew that I would do well. That was nice to hear. I will not have to return to see her until Sept or Oct. for a follow-up.

I received a phone call asking if I would be interested in speaking at the Nemaha County Relay for Life that will take place in Seneca on July 17th. So mark your calenders for Friday the 17th to come join me. I will plan to give more details in the near future about this event.

Thursday the 30th my Mom and I traveled to Kansas City together for another check-up. The travel conditions were a mess. We left at 0600am with fog as thick as frosting, then we drove through heavy rain and then finally some sunshine. This time I saw Dr. K (my plastic surgeon). He was very elated with my skin and how it had recovered from the radiation in the past 6 weeks. He said I could have my expander's removed and replaced with my permanent implants as soon our schedules agreed. This means I will have to go in for a same day surgery. Keeping my fingers crossed that all will go well with no complications. Unfortunately I was not able to set anything up when I left the office due to his nurse gone for the rest of the day and Friday for meetings. I will have to call this next week to see what I can get set up. I'm very pleased with my doctors and truly feel that I have a great team of professionals pulling for me. I'm feeling lucky!! Marsha

4 comments:

Pam said...

HELLO MARSHA--GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR SUMMER IS GOING TO BE FREE OF APPTS. SO YOU CAN BE WITH YOUR KIDS AND HONEY AND BE A BIG HAPPY FAMILY!! IS YOUR ENDURANCE UP TO SNUFF--LIKE ABLE TO WORK FULL TIME AT THE HOSPITAL NOW--ENJOY YOUR SUMMER MARSHA--WHAT AN INSPIRATION YOU HAVE BEEN TO SO MANY!!!! LOVE YA LOTS AND HOPE YOUR SURGERY GOES WELL

PAM

Pam said...

HEY MARSHA--ITS ME AGAIN--I SAW THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS RESPONDED--SO I'M GOING TO AGAIN--WAS THINKING OF YOU 2DAY--WANTING TO WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY AND SPECIAL MOTHER'S DAY THIS SUNDAY--AS YOU ARE A VERY SPECIAL MOTHER---HOPE YOUR HAVING A GOOD WEEK--YEH HUMP DAY IS OVER AND THE WEEKEND IS LURKING-I HAVE A FEELING ITS GOING TO BE A GOOD ONE-WARM DAYS=COLD BEER SO YEH BRING IT ON--IS OLIVIA DOING SWIM TEAM THIS SUMMER? WE'LL SEE YA AROUND I'M OFF WITH MY KIDS TO THEIR FINAL RELIGION CLASS--YIPPIE MOM IS HAPPY TOO--HAVE A GOOD ONE

LOVE PAM

Tami said...

Marsha,

Congrats on being chosen to speak at the Relay for Life. I'm sure you'll do a GREAT job! It's a very neat experience, especially when they light all the candles.

We'll be there to celebrate your "survivors lap" with you!!!

Love ya,

Tam

Anonymous said...

Marsha - Glad to hear things are progressing well. I wanted to let you know that next Friday is my last day of daycare (for the summer) so if you ever need a ride I'd be more than happy to take you. Enjoy your summer!!!!!

Janet