After finishing up my 28 radiation treatments, I thought that my life could slow down a little bit. But exactly a week later my family and I are now dealing with my Grandpa's failing health. He was hospitalized for pneumonia, congestive heart failure, and renal failure. After a week in the ICU the family is faced with making some hard choices. Do they continues to be aggressive in preserving his life or make him comfortable for the rest of it. These are very hard ethical choices and I pray that each family member will find peace at this difficult time. A continue to ask for your prayers.

Peoples generous nature continues to amaze me. Just the other day at work, I was given three different gifts. WOW! who would have thought. I have included a photo of one of the gifts that I received. It is my very own "snugly" blanket for those cool evening at home. The surgery girls made this for me after they discovered that I took chance on a blanket just like this and I didn't win it. So the found the fabric and made me my very own. You shouldn't have, BUT I LOVE IT.
Pictured: Donna, Amy, Me, Julia & Dana
I do have to say I would not be the person or the inspiration without the wonderful support of each and everyone of you (my friends and family). I can't believe that I can finally say that I'm done with the biggest part of my journey. BUT we all know that by definition that a journey is to travel from one place to another. I do believe that I'm not finished with my travels. Because I will be traveling to Topeka for a recheck appointment with my radiation oncologist the end of April and onto Kansas City for an appointment with my plastic surgeon. I'm happy to report that my skin is healing very nicely after radiation. The spot under my arm is much better and the skin is not peeling now.
As I reflect: {God bring us trails in our lives, but he also lead us through them.} Love, Marsha
5 comments:
OH MARSHA--I'M JUST SO GREATFULL AND HAPPY TO SEE THAT YOU STILL HAVE THE ENERGY TO KEEP TRUDGING FORTH WITH THAT BEAUTIFUL SMILE AND GREAT SPIRIT--YOU 5 LADIES IN THE PICTURE LOOK LIKE YA ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME TOGETHER--ITS GREAT TO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE FUN LOVING FRIENDS---WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THE BEST DURING YOUR REMAINING APPOINTMENTS
PAM
Marsha,
I've learned this morning that your Grandpa passed away. I'm sorry to hear that, and our thoughts are with you and your mom's family!
Love,
Tami, Jay & family
Marsha--We are so sorry to hear of the passing of your grandpa. If you need anything please call. Are thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time of sadness.
Marsha,
My condolences to your family on the loss of your Grandpa. I hope all your 'good' memories help you through this healing time.
Loved the pretty pink blanket! How nice of them to make that for you.
Tam sent a pic of the cute Corning Cougar gals w/their pink shoelaces!
Can't wait to see a 'game'.
Keep us posted, as we look for your updates!
Loni
Marsha; There are so many things that bring tears to my eyes, and your last post is one of those times. The pink blanket is so wonderful and such a reminder of the days that are behind you now; You are so close to the end you can almost touch it and that makes me cry joyfully. (What a great team of nurses, you work with.)
I continue loving to read your blog. You have such a gift of writing and I am so happy you have shared your life story with us. I'm just sure your story will help someone else in need.
I also send my sympathy to you and your family. Your Grandpa sure picked a beautiful day to go to heaven. He will be missed by all.
Love Ya girl & I'm so proud of you. Theresa
Post a Comment