Friday, September 12, 2008

The 4th Chemo Cycle

  • Sept. 11 - Thursday- I was able to get Olivia on the bus and off to school. Grandpa Ron came to town to pick Brody up so he could spend the day with grandpa and grandma. Laurie and Tami came by the house to pick me up and we left for Kansas City. I would like to share with all that have been worried about my weight that I'm up 5 pounds since my first chemo treatment. This leads me to believe that all the meals everyone is providing seem to be making me gain weight. The chemo treatment went well with no problems. My oncologist seemed please with my progress. I hope that Laurie and Tami both know how much it meant to me to have them take me. I will never be able to repay them for all that they have been doing for me.
  • Sept. 12 - Friday- What a morning! My dear little Brody was all about discovery today. He had this and that out and was into everything. We have been starting to work on potty training so on one of our trips to the bathroom we discovered a little more then expected. So we had one more mess to deal with. My sister came down to pick me up and bring me in for my Nuelastin shot. This shot helps boost my immune system to produce the WBC's to continue to fight off infections. My oncologist said that this will give me about 80% coverage in fighting infections. So the remaining 20% of coverage comes from good hand washing and doing all the things that I listed in my education. I did get a nap in while Brody napped today. Bev and Alan Heinen brought over a spaghetti dinner that was great. I did send half of it with my mom, who came to pick up the kids for the weekend. Mom was so thankful to have a warm meal to serve when they got home.
  • Sept. 13 - Saturday- I woke feeling pretty good and decent energy level. I spent most of the morning picking up the house and getting some much needed laundry done. Elaine and Ella Rethman brought over homemade pizza for lunch. It was outstanding!! Theresa Sudbeck came down for a nice visit. She has been my go to or my confident when I have any questions. We all know that God allows things to happen in our lives that we never expect, but He also gives us special treasures to cope. I feel that he has given me a new treasured friend in Theresa. I did have time to get in a nap that afternoon. Tim came home and we share dinner together. We did go for a evening drive. If the hot flashes were not so "HOT" I might sleep all through the night.
  • Sept. 14 - Sunday - I must say that we did finally sleep in this morning. I think it was around 10:00am. I was feeling more tired, achy, and nauseated today. I spent the rest of the day resting on the couch. Cole and Jill Aldafer brought over some potato soup and apple crisp. That evening Mom and Dad brought the kids home. We all enjoyed the soup and desserts together for dinner. It was all very taste! Jean & Todd Heideman brought over a great peanut butter dessert, thanks for thinking of us.
  • Sept. 15 - Monday- After Tim and Olivia were off, Brody and I just lazed around the house all morning. We layed down around 11:30am for our nap and got to sleep until about 1:00pm. I felt much better and had more energy. We did go out to the farm to enjoy the warm weather and even did a little mowing to keep my mind occupied. We came home to find a beautiful spread of food and soup that Nickie and Travis Haverkamp family had brought over. It was wonderful and really smelled good when we got home. I was feeling a little punk so letting the kids play for a short time at the neighbors really helped me out.
  • Sept. 16 - Tuesday- I did make myself go into work today. I did only a half day. It seems that keeping my mind occupied helps put most of the nausea feelings at bay. The girls at work are a great distraction! I did get a call from the Centralia school nurse saying that she had Olivia in her office. She was complaining of upset stomach and was very tired. I left work and went to pick her up. We spent the rest of the evening on the cough together when Brody allowed us to. I do hope that we keep any flu bugs away.
  • Sept. 17 - Wednesday- We did keep Olivia home from school today. She continued to be tired and complaining of upset stomach. Tim was nice a took Brody with him to the farm and Olivia and I could just lazy around together. The leftover soup has been really smoothing on all of our stomachs. I do hope that we will be back to school and work by tomorrow.

6 comments:

Pam said...

HEY MARSHA,

WOW AFTER A BIT I'M JUST SPEECHLESS OVER HOW POSITIVE YOU ARE AND EVEN YOUR CHEERY WEEKLY UPDATES--PUTS THING INTO PERSPECTIVE REAL FAST FOR ME ANYWAY--AND I THINK I HAVE BAD DAYS OR AT LEAST I THINK I DO THEN I READ YOUR BLOG AND WALLAH MY DAY IS GOOD--LOVE YA LOTS MARSHA--LIVING IN A SMALL TOWN HAS ITS PERKS AND HAVING LOTS OF CLOSE NEIGHBORS ALWAYS MAKES THINGS BETTER--SO KNOWING YOUR IN GOOD HANDS--IS COMFORTING--SO KEEP IT UP CORNING, KANSAS AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS INVOLVED--TAKE CARE MARSHA AND FAMILY

LOVE PAM

Sarah said...

Hey girl !! You are such a strong person, I am sure you don't feel like that at times---but you are!! I hope that Olivia got over her virus and that you were able to work. "Be strong and of good courage; be not frightened, neither be dismayed; for the Lord your God is with you whenever you go."
--Joshua 1:9
Love, Sarah (that reminds me of you)

Tami said...

Marsha,

Thanks for including Laurie and me in your day on the 11th. I'm glad we were both able to take you to KC. And you don't have to thank us, or repay us. I'm sure you would do the same if the roles were reversed. We're just glad you're such a fighter! What we're doing seems simple, compared to what you're doing!! :)

Looking forward to our girls night out tonight to celebrate your birthday (finally)! See you later.

Tam

Loni said...

Marsh,
I'm hoping you 3 gals had a good time tonight!! And I want to tell you I look forward every week to your update. You're always so honest,letting us know how you feel, but yet you still have your humor. Even talking about gaining weight,that's great~~you need to keep up your strength. And the community support is 'small town living' at it's best!! I'm in awe of all the food being taken to your house! What a blessing for you and your family.
Til next week... keeping you always in my prayers!
Loni

Sarah said...

James 1: 2-4:
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

Marsha---You are always on my mind--country song I know......how are you?? Just thought I would share a scripture with you today. Peace, Sarah

Anonymous said...

God bless you Marsha. I am Ken Teter's wife,Karen, and he has told me about you and you are in my daily prayers. He told me you liked the card and the mums we gave you this week. I know how precious life is since I almost lost mine in a horrible accident when an 18 wheeler truck hit my car when the back trailer came unhitched on the highway several years ago and I was life flighted to the KU Medical Center in KC. I am glad I can read about your journey through breast cancer so I can see how you are doing. I am hoping at some point I can meet you face to face. God does have a plan for your life and all you have to do is trust him and know that whatever happens, you will go to heaven. God talked to me while I was in my coma and I remember feeling peace in my heart.