Sunday, September 21, 2008

Feeling the effects of 4th chemo

  • Sept. 18 - Thursday- I happy to say that this was the first night that I slept all night in our bed since my chemo treatment on the 11th. I have been so restless, and have I mentioned those hot flashes. So rather than keeping Tim awake, I go find the much cooler living room couch. Olivia seemed to be feeling better after staying home yesterday with the stomach flu. She did make it to school all day! Harry and us ladies all went out for a late lunch for my birthday after taking a picture of all of us in our pink hat. Back row: Harry Stewart, Julia Bergman, Angie Harkins. Middle row: Gerri Stewart, Amy Huerter, Myself, Dana Bradley. Front row: Donna Zinke. The hospital plans to submit this picture into KUMC for a photo contest.
  • Sept. 19 - Friday- The last day of the week and so thankful for it to be here. After dealing with poop and puke earlier in the week I glad to say that all is better. We all went to work and school for a full day. To celebrate my birthday and that I made it though the week Laurie, Tami and I went to Manhattan for Carlos O'Kellys. The three of us have been going out for each of our birthdays for the past 6 years and the birthday girl always gets to pick the restaurant and our shopping destination. Sorry girls about the no sombrero thing but we all know that I might have been a little embarrassed if I had lost my wig. Maybe I could wear it in Mexico.
  • Sept. 20 - Saturday- The kids and I had a nice breakfast of eggs and toast together. As we know it is important to start the day with a good breakfast, as my dad still likes to do. The kids each got a pumpkin from Grandma Loralea and decided it was time to decorate it this morning. We have found that using a permante marker and drawing the stencil on the pumpkins work much better than carving it. My kids and knifes are not a good combo besides the pumpkin might last until Halloween. You can see by the picture that Olivia picked to decorate her with a puppy and Brody choose a Frankenstein. After having that endearing task completed we left for my parents house. Sarah Chanley came to the house to clean! We return to the house long enough to change clothes and pack our lawn chairs. We attended Stacy Rethman's surprise 40th birthday party. It was a perfect evening to sit around the out door BBQ pit for a meal and drinks (lemonade for me). We had a great time and the food was excellent as always.
  • Sept. 21 - Sunday- Tim and I were hoping to sleep in but no such luck. Brody and Tim took off for the farm. Olivia and I got ready and went to church together. We all met back at the house for lunch. Tim brought the tractor with a loader full of my landscaping rock into town for me. The middle of the afternoon John & Elvina (Tim's uncle & aunt) came to help me with my landscaping project. I told them that was one of the things I wanted to get done this summer and they volunteered to help me. We used up all the rock so that meant it was time for a break. We were then able to enjoy some peach pie and Green tea. The kids were then begging to have the Bowers kids over to play. It was a real treat to have them over. In the bath tub my kids go and off to bed. I'm sooo ready for bed, a bite tired and having sore muscles. I finally decided to begin the new medication that the doctors have recommend for the hot flashes. I take it once a day in the evenings and should know in about 1-2 weeks if this will help.
  • Sept. 22 - Monday- God enjoys surprising you with gifts, just as an earthly parent does. When you walk with Him and obey Him, He wants to bless you. Every good and perfect thing comes from Him (James 1:17) This is exactly what happen for me today. I spent most of the day working on making some hats for a friend who will be needing them. If you have ever started a sewing project you know how hard it it to stop. In my taking time to give to another God blessed me with Matt and Melissa Talley family bring over a unexpected dinner this very day. It was great because I had not taken the time to prepare a meal. Melissa, we end up eating half and freezing the other half for another time it was very tasty. Other gift that I received included Laurie mowing my lawn which looks great and thanks again, and Marsha Walters (who was my 1st grade teacher) sent me a charming gift and the picture of my class in 1st grade was wonderful.
  • Sept. 23 - Tuesday -Wishing Nancy and Randy Henry a happy anniversary and many more blessed years. I do have to admit nineteen year ago we really enjoyed celebrating with you both. This was a school, daycare and work day for the Grossnickle family.
  • Sept. 24 - Wednesday - I continue to have some very restless night. I wake feeling like I was up most of the night. Other then this I have been feeling well. After work I headed straight to Centralia for Parent Teachers Conferences then home to get dinner ready. Olivia had her first Religion Class (CCD) held in the Church here in Corning. I need to thank Monica Holthaus for bring Olivia home after her class. She came home very excited and with a message. When we open ourselves to others, we become better able to welcome the Lord into our lives.

3 comments:

Bowers Family said...

Marsha,

It is absolutely wonderful that you have so many visitors and company at your house!

Wish I could have stayed and chatted with you more at religion Wednesday night.

The kids enjoyed their picnic at your house the other night. It was funny Papa Jim couldn't find the ketchup, because Mama Theresa took it to your house!! ha! :)

The pumpkins are adorable! You should enter them in the Pumpkin Carving/Decorating Contest sponsored by Joshua L. Bowers Farm Bureau Financial Services.

I hope you have a pleasant week and get plenty of rest. Very much enjoy reading your blog.

Letting you know you are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep up the awesome strength and spirit.

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Hi from Houston...your discussions are great to help give a window into this radical experience-appreciate you sharing with us. the support of family and friends is critical and I'm glad you are surrounded by their physical and emotional care. Stay strong.

Pam said...

HOWDY MARSHA,

HOW DEM HOT FLASHES THESE DAYS???? I KNOW WHAT YA FEEL LIKE--BUT MINE HAVE TO DO WITH AGE--YEH IT SUCKS--I'M SURE PASSER-BYS THINK I'M ABNORMAL WHEN ITS 65 DEGREES OUTSIDE AND I'M SWEATING LIKE ITS 85-90 OUT--AND AS THE WORLD TURNS...HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER--LIKE ALL YA GALS IN THE PINK DO-RAGS--NOW YA ALL NEED A SWEAT HARLEY TO RIDE...JUST WANTING TO CHECK IN AND SAY HELLO AND CONTINUE TO THINK AND PRAY FOR YOU DAILY--TIM AND KIDS KEEP TAKING GREAT CARE OF MARSHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAM