Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Good week # 4

  • Sept. 25 - Thursday - Brody and I spent the day together. He helped me make a crock pot of Taco Soup. He really liked pouring and mix up the ingredients. Little cooks in the kitchen are very entertaining and prove to be messy. After Brody's nap I took him to the farm to help his Daddy. I then picked Olivia up after school and head up to Seneca for her return dental apt. She was a very big girl with having to have her cavities filled. We came straight home so our family could bring over a basket of goodies and pizza to Julie Glissman and her family. Julie had melanoma of her thumb 2 years ago and just recently discovered signs of it return. She has undergone surgery and 3 weeks later began her 1st chemo treatment. Her chemo regiment is one of the toughest, she has to be admit to the hospital for 4-5 days for her treatments. They need to monitor her vitals and heart rhythm while getting the chemo drugs. Julie is truly an amazingly strong person and with prayers she will continue her fight. I will be keeping her in my prayers how about you.
  • Sept. 26 - Friday - The family was up and going to school, work and daycare. I have been having a little more achiness in my arms and legs. I have noticed that the metallic taste I get in my mouth comes and goes. Food and drinks then taste different. I have not been able to drink a soda pop but rarely because of this. Other side effects not always mentioned are the watery eyes and drippy nose. Sometimes I look like I've been crying but that is not the case. The rash/hives I had the after the last couple cycles have not been as noticeable this time. I don't know why, but I'm thankful.
  • Sept. 27 - Saturday - Tim was off to work around the farm and body shop. The kids and I decided to make it a play day. My sister and her two youngest kids (Tarese, Mariana and Joel) came down to our house around noon. We loaded up in the Yukon and headed toward Manhattan to the Sunset Zoo. The kids were very excited and couldn't wait to get there. They kept asking "how much longer until we are there?" It was a very nice day, but it ended-up being warmer outside then we expected. The shade and water fountains were very popular. The kids did very well and were able to walk most of the grounds. One of the highlights was getting to be close to some of the animals, like the kangaroo and the goats. It was the right size zoo for the little ones and the kids couldn't stop talking about it. When we got home they had to tell Grandpa Ron and Daddy all about their adventure. If you hear Olivia tell about her day she will tell about when the Ape climbed up on the rock and peeped. I guess that was something to see.
  • Later that evening I was invited to Brenda Quigley's Premier Jewelery party. It was great to see everyone there and you have a lovey home. The whole family then walked down the street to Ty and Michelle Lipperts party to visit for awhile. Brody and I left early because he was tired and ready for bed after a full day.
  • Sept. 28 - Sunday - I would say most of the day was a girls and boys day. Olivia and I got ready and went to church together. Brody and Tim went to cut up some trees and help Grandpa Ron move a cattle feeder. Olivia and I went up to my parents house after church to let her play with her cousins. The enjoyed getting to run and play outside on such a nice day. On the way home Olivia and I stopped in Seneca for Freddy's Pizza to bring home. Rob Steinlage and Ed Meyer came over to have pizza with us. They agreed to buy the pizza in 3 weeks and in 6 weeks. I will be looking forward to that.
  • Sept. 29 -Monday - No school for Centralia today. Olivia got to spend the day with Dad and Grandma Loralea. She got to play with a puppy while at Grandma's house. That is always exciting for her. Brody went to daycare and I to work. Tim was off to Topeka later in the afternoon to the auto auction and do our weekly grocery shopping. He has been great a bring home the items on our grocery list and a few extras.
  • Sept. 30 - Tuesday -The family was up and off to our normal routines. I try not to mention all of the fun side effects that go along with taking chemo only the ones that are more annoying to me at the time. I have been having more muscle/bone discomforts the last few days. Feels like I have been working out at the gym, but heaven knows that's not the case. I will be going to Kansas City on Thursday this week for chemo cycle #5. I'm not really ready for this but I do know that I will only have one left after this. I continue to ask for your prayers and I do know that God will be with me as all of you have been.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gosh- Where do the weeks go? I'll be very anxious to here the good news after your final chemo treatment. I'm glad you've gotten to enjoy this gorgeous weather. We are truly getting spoiled. I'll be in touch next week about a possible play date. You may be ready to have a few extra hours of rest. Good Luck this week- and keep smiling!

Monica Becker

Anonymous said...

You are almost done Marsha!! You have been so inspiring through all of this! Best of luck tomorrow on #5. I admire your strong will and determination! I know you have got to be tired of these treatments, but tomorrow you will have 5 down and only 1 to go! What a PARTY that will be!!!!
Many thoughts and Prayers!

Denise Koch

Sarah said...

Marsha, I swear you make me tired!! Would you get some rest??? I hope you are laying around in your pj's a bunch, when you are not running !! You always were wanting to go travel and do new things when we were in college!!(& after)...til we got these guys to marry us!! :)
I pray that your side effects are manageable...and that the meds are fighting the war in your body!!
God Bless you and keep you safe & strong!!
Love, Sarah, Russ, Sophia & Margaret

Brenda Q. said...

It was great to see you this weekend. You look so amazing and your attitude is incredible! I will say prayers tomorrow for you as always. You're almost done!!!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Marsha, Marsha you are such an amazing women. It was great to here from you in the email the otherdy. I wish you the best of luck with #5, I hope it goes well. I have been thinking a praying for you a lot. Keep smiling!!! Love Renee

Tami said...

Marsha,

Thinking of you today. Can you believe that when you read this later, you will only have one more round to go? That's awesome.

Thanks a bunch for watching Trent & Avery for me last night during my meeting. They had a blast playing Simon Says. It sounds like "Simon" wasn't very nice sometimes!ha Too funny. It's good for them to hug each other once in a while! (Even if Trent didn't want to hug the girls.)

I hope that your side effects are minimal this weekend, and that you feel better quickly. You've come a long way, and there is a light at the end of this long dark tunnel! You're such an inspiration to all of us, and I'm sure that Julie G. appreciates all of the words of wisdom that you've shared with her too.

You go girl!!!

Tam

Tami said...

Happy 10th Anniversary to you and Tim!!!!

Hope you're feeling o.k. today? I know this isn't how you planned to spend your 10th annivesary. Hopefully, Tim will at least take you on a lunch date when you go to Seneca to get your shot?

Have a good day.

Congratulations!
Tam

Anonymous said...

Happy 10th Anniversary Marsha and Tim!! Tim, you make sure and take your woman out for supper if/when she is up to it!! Marsha, your down to just ONE! YEAHHH!!! Congratulations on that too! Take care and I hope you have a great weekend!!

Denise Koch

Anonymous said...

Hey Marsha -

Hope you are feeling good after this past treatment. I think about you a lot oftener than you know. I'm not very good about taking the time to "leave a comment" and I know that is bad on my part. Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

Now as sad as this is going to sound Happy Belated Birthday and now Anniversary! Hope they were both very good days for you.

I also want you to know that if that landscaping project isn't finished yet let me know - I'd love to help out with it. Do you think that "work" just might have something to do with your achiness and tiredness? It would me!!!:) Listen to Sarah and take it a little easy, would ya?

Keep smiling and as always if there is anything I can do to help you out - just ask!

Janet Heideman

kristy said...

hey marsha!!!

Glad to hear that you have been having some good days. If you are ever in Manhattan again, let me know and maybe I can meet you somewhere and we can do lunch or you can come see my house!! Good luck with your last couple of treatments!!

Kristy Wilhelm