- Feb 16 - Monday- To my little lady Olivia, I sending you hugs and kisses on your 6th Birthday. I want you to know that I love you dearly. All was off to school, work and daycare today. I left work at 2:30pm and meet my Aunt Rosie at my house. Alex volunteer to watch Brody at the house. Rosie and I went down for my 9th radiation treatment. On Monday's I visit with Dr. K after my treatment. She seems pleased with my progress thus far. I have had some nerve pain that starts at my left axial and travels all the way to my wrist. Not sure if this from the radiation or it is from the position they continually put my arm in everyday. No signs of skin irritation at this point.
- Feb. 17 - Tuesday- I have been very fortunate that my job and daycare has been so cooperative with my scheduling. I still working my three days per week and leaving early to make it to my daily radiation treatments. I happy to report I have had so many people volunteer to take me to my treatments. So far I have only had two days that I have not had anyone go with. When I have people go with me, they get the honor of watching Brody during my treatment. Let's say Brody is getting spoiled on a daily bases. I have to say, "These treatments have been a walk in the park vs my chemo treatments. " Thank you Dana Bradley for dinner and going with Brody and I to Topeka. The Randy and Nancy Henry family stopped in for a short visit later that evening.
- Feb. 18 - Wednesday- The household was up and going this morning like normal. After Tim and Olivia were off for the day. I crawled back in bed for a few more winks, only because Brody stayed sleeping. BONUS!!! My mom was able to go with Brody and I to my treatment today. While in Topeka we stopped at the Topeka Public Library to pick up some reading assisted aids for my Grandma to try and possibly order. They have some great resource's and what a happening place, we couldn't believe the parking lot was full. We were home long enough to grab a quick bit to eat and then off to take Olivia to CCD.
- Feb. 19 - Thursday - Jordon Curtis you are turning Studly Sixteen and NEVER been kissed? Have a fabulous one. It was a long night because Olivia was up through the night. We ended up turning on the humidifier and rubbing Vick's on her feet. She was bothered by a cough. With trying to keep up with everything, I know that I have missed some appointments like Olivia's parents teachers conference. Opps. Sorry about that Mrs. T. I'm so thankful that we could do a phone conference instead. Before I picked up Brody I ran to get my scripts filled for my two medication that I'm taking. These pills cost me $60.00 a month. Margie Heinen was able to go along and now she has a new friend, Brody.
- Feb. 20 - Friday - TGIF- I'm beginning to believe that people have fatigue only because of busy schedule people keep while taking radiation. I did get to hang out around the house for a few hours this morning before the day got really busy. Tim and I took off for Manhattan to work on a rental property we have. I was in charge of trimming the shrubs in front of the house. I discovered many treasures in this quest like enough beer cans and bottles to bring to recycling so I could purchase a cold one. As nice as the weather turned out to be a cold beer would have tasted pretty good. After all the task at hand were completed we headed to Topeka for my 13th radiation treatment. All went well, but I have started to notice my skin to the radiated area to be slightly pinker in comparison to my other skin. I was given some lotion to put on my skin to keep it moisturized. I hope that this will help. I tried a new profession just for the night. Donna Zinke needed a Pampered Chef assistant for the evening so I went to help her. I must say any job that pays it employee with nacho and margaritas is admirable.
- Feb. 21 - Saturday- Tim and the kids were up and ready to get going. I tried to sleep in. Ha! Ha! The kids and I spent all day baking. We made around 50 mini-muffins, 6 lofts of bread, french toast, and zucchini brownies. By the end of the day the house was smelling very yummy. The family was invited to Stacy and Julie Rethman's house for dinner. Of course we had a great time, thanks for having us over.
- Feb. 22 - Sunday - The kids and I went to Church together. I need to give Father Arul a hard time he was gone back to see his family the one Sunday I managed to bring both kids to church. The whole family went to the Corning Community Center for the K of C Benefit Soup Luncheon. What a totally, astounding group of admiral people that made the benefit a huge success. To all the Knight's Members and spouses that gave of themselves to make some excellent food. With visiting with so many people they had only wondrous compliments to make. From the personal touch of having Julie and my family pictures displayed to the guest books for each of us and the donations given for the silent auction. I'm truly enamored by the out pouring of all of your support and love. I do hope to have some photos from the event posted next posting. I do ask that each of you reading this will take the time to say a prayer for two special people who are in need of your prayers this next week. With God on our side there is nothing one can't do.
Monday, February 16, 2009
9 - 13 radiation treatments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
MARSHA THE SOUP LUNCHEON FOR YOU AND JULIE WAS BEYOND AMAZING--GREAT FOOD, VERY ORGANIZED AND LOTS OF VOLUNTEERS--GREAT JOB CORNING, KANSAS--THE ADVANTAGES OF LIVING IN A SMALL TOWN--PRICELESS!!
WISHING YOU WELL IN YOUR DAILY RADIATION TREATMENTS--YOUR LOOKIN GREAT GIRL--YOUR A REAL TROOPER!!
PAM
Marsha,
I'm sorry that I was out of town & couldn't make it to your benefit. Jay said that the food was great, and that there were LOTS of people there for you & Julie. I guess we should have expected nothing less from this caring/giving community! But it's still amazing, and so are you & Julie.
Take care,
Tam
Marsha -
It was so good to see you on Sunday. You look GREAT! Great job to all those involved with the luncheon. Hopefully your treatments will continue to have few side effects. I'm not sure side effects would ever be able to catch up with you - you are one busy gal!
Keep Smiling - Janet
Marsha,
Well here is my first post on your blog spot. Sorry it has not been sooner, read it weekly and have enjoyed being kept up on your progress. Had a great time tonight, can't wait to see what we come up with.
Rene'
ps: the soup was awesome
pps: I promise to write on your blog more often ;)
Post a Comment