- July 9 -Wednesday- My parents, sister, and I set out for Kansas City at about 8:45am to arrive at KU Med Hospital at 11:15 for pre-op for my port-cath placement. A port is used to give my chemo drugs in and they can drawn blood from it also. This will save me many IV starts. Unfortunately, due to emergency cases I kept getting bumped. So at 8:30 that evening I was cancelled and sent to our hotel. We did get to enjoy a nice meal and off to bed.
- July 10 -Thursday- We woke at 0515am to be at KU Med Hospital by 06:30am. I was taken right into pre-op holding and by 7:30am I was in surgery. When I came to, my family was allowed to be there and my dear friend Sarah. I was released by about 10:30am. We travelled to KU Med West to begin my first chemo cycle. After I got started with that I sent my family to go have a nice meal together and to bring me something back. Most of the afternoon was filled with us visiting and getting caught-up. It was great to have Sarah with us. I was finished with treatment about 06:30pm and home by about 09:30pm. The first thing I noticed even at dusk that some kind neighbor had mowed our grass. That was great to come home to! The McNally family brought over one of the kids favorite dishes. We wanted to say thanks.
- July 11-Friday- Feeling more refreshed after a good night sleep. It was good to be home to the sounds of the kids and getting to hold them. Off to Seneca to the hospital so I could get my Neulasta shot. This is required the day following my chemo. I had my oncologist nurse set it up this way to avoid making a trip back to Kansas City. So happy this could be done. I did feel tired and got in a nap later in the day. The Mars family provided dinner that night it was so yummy.
Friday, July 11, 2008
1st Chemo treatment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Marsha....Great job on the blog. I am so happy you have Dave to help you get this started!! We love you here in KC and all my prayers are with you---I am always thinking of you. God Bless you tonight....I pray you sleep peacefully and wake knowing that God is with you.
Love, Sarah
Marsha, the blog turned out great! I know that everyone will appreciate being able to check in and see how you're doing. There are lots (and lots) of people who care about you! I hope you're feeling better today. We had fun with Olivia at the pool yesterday.
Love ya, Tam
Marsha,
Tami has been keeping me posted. Thanks for setting up the blog so others can check in on how you are doing! My thoughts and prayers have been and will continue to be with you!
Take care,
Barb
Marsha, the blog was a great idea. I wish I had thought of it last year. You will get through this and you will be OK. I am doing great and so will you. Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way. Love, Karen E
Hello Marsha,
So glad you've done this blog so we can all stay in touch.
I've passed it on to some of my friends that have included you in their prayers, so there are many people praying for you!
We are keeping you in our hearts
and prayers.
Loni
Marsha...The blog looks great and will be great to check on how you are doing. You and your family have been in our daily thoughts and prayers. Remember if you need anything we are just a call away. Hope you are feeling well and continue to feel well.
Love Renee
Marsha, Tim, Olivia, and Brody,
The Blog is AWESOME! I am so glad we can learn of the updates! It also lets us know that our prayers our being heard from up above. Sorry you weren't feeling well when we stopped by the other night. We hope you feel better with every hour of every day. Tami has done wonderfully updating us-what a great friend you have!
We are all pulling for you. The kids can come play anytime when you need rest so you can stay strong! We will have to get that street corner picture done!!!! :)
You will overcome this challenge and WIN!
With love and prayers,
Josh, Nicole, Peyton, Parker, Presly, and Paxton
Marsha,
The blog is a wonderful idea! Been thinking about you, wondering how you're doing. If there is any way that I can help, please don't hesitate to ask. You're in my prayers as well.
~Mandy Deters~
Marsha and family - we are all praying for you - Sarah has kept us in the loop as you know and we started praying right away - we know God is good and will take care of you. Thank you for the blog and thanks to Dave too.
Blessings & love,
Mary
The blog was a great idea and turned out awesome. You know you and your family are in our prayers to get through this. Take care of yourself and don't hesitate to ask us to help.
Love,
Dana
Marsha, Tim, Olivia & Brody,
Your blog is great! It is so nice to be able to check in and see how everything is going. You & your family are in our thoughts & prayers everyday. If you need anything at all just let us know.I hope you are feeling well.
Love, Matt, Nikki, Jayden & Taylee
Marsha, good idea with the blog, didn't even know they did such a thing, old you know, we think of you often, and our prayers are with you, take care!
Marsha
Your blog is a wonderful idea, and I'm looking forward to keeping up on your progress. I think of you often and keep you my thoughts and prayers. You've always had such strong faith, and I know that will get you through the tough days ahead. If there's anything I can do, please let me know...
Love, Brenda
Marsha-
Also I wanted to say I love the picture you put on you blog page. Brody is so cute. I miss seeing him so if you ever need a place for him to go let me know. We would love for him and Olivia to come and play.
Love, Renee
Post a Comment