- July 28th-Monday-I had a day filled with first like wearing my wig to work and going to a make-up class. The class was sponsored by the American Cancer Society and is was called Look Good, Feel Good. They did give some good tips on make-up and I also received a big bag of free new make-up. Bonus!!! They did mention that all make-up should be replaced or discarded yearly and eye mascara should be replaced every 3 months. I have not been so good at doing this. I have been worry about losing my eye lashes, so I asked about using fake ones and they did not recommend that for people going through chemo. The beauty operator said it increased a persons risk for infection and/or allergy to the adhesive used. Bummer!!! Laurie and Sarah came to be support and learn a few beauty tips of their own. Like they need any help in that department because they are already beautiful. I must Thank Jill (Sarah niece and godchild) who has given me an 4BG apple ipod. Another breast cancer friend recommend purchasing a ipod to listen to at treatments and in waiting rooms. Heaven knows, we all know how slow time seems to pass when waiting. I looking forward to downloading music and books on tape.
- July 29th-Tuesday-God has sent me many blessing this day. I spent the day at home with Olivia and Brody while the weather outside was wet and rainy. We had a mid-morning visitor, Tracy and her oldest daughter stopped in prior to visiting the local beauty shop here in Corning. It was good to visit with them and the kids love visitors. My hair continues to come out in clumps and is very thin. So after Tami got off work she came by with her clippers. I had her give me a very fun and spiky haircut. She tells me she specializes in boys and men haircuts for selected customers. I'm glad she could work me in because I was soooooo! ready for a hair cut. Later that evening Nancy & family came by to visit and let the kids play. Good to see you all. We would like to Thank the Maggi & Jay Kennedy family for providing frozen dinners and a gift for the kids.
- July 30th-Wednesday-Off to work I went today. When Brody and I got home Lydia (our next door neighbor) brought over a couple frozen dinners from the Tim Beck family. These will be great for night I don't feel like cooking, which seem to be more often then not. My family thanks you.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Perparing for the next chemo cycle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Marsha, As I have told you and many others, you are an amazing woman. You continue to inspire and amaze me with your strength and courage. Thanks for the blog updates. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Maggi
Dear Marsha, Just wanted to let you know we have been thinking of you and you and your family are all in our prayers. I can tell by your blogs that you have the most amazing attitude and upbeat spirit and that along with God's help is exactly what will carry you through all of this.
Take care,
Becky and Tony
Marsha...that haircut was worth EVERY penny you paid for it! :) Actually, you still looked great...even with your hair spiked all over! I honestly didn't want to be the one to do that "task". But I think it was harder on me than it was on you! You were definintely ready and such a trooper. Olivia enjoyed capturing photos of the event and Brody was busy picking up the hair and handing it to you! In 6 months when your hair is growing back and spiked all over, we'll think that's the greatest hair style ever!
Love,
Tam
Post a Comment