Thursday, July 24, 2008

A normal week

  • July 19 - 26th - Saturday to Saturday. This week I have been able to maintain all my normal activities with some general fatigue. It feels great to be able to do these things. I continue to be blessed with cards in the mail most everyday. I look forward to going to the mail box to discover who is thinking and praying for me. Much better then the bills that we've started to get. I would like to let all these people know that I have received their cards and how much it means to me. One night this week three high school classmate came to visit, we have always tried to stay connected even if we get together once a year for the past 20 years. It was good to see and visit with Kim, Carol and Rene'. I feel that God has blessed me with so many types of friends and that I would never change, because right now I need all of you. I need to thank the Kramer girls for keeping our lawn looking great! Tim had a birthday this week. We celebrated by having BLT's , cake and ice cream. The kids thought it was fun blowing out his candles. The end of this week I have noticed my scalp to be more itchy, tender and more hair in the drain. This began on day # 15 just like the oncology nurse predicted.

7 comments:

Loni said...

Hello Marsha!
Just wanted to say it's nice to see you had a 'normal week'.
Tami sent pictures of your outing here in Topeka, & I love your new hair cut, it's sassy! And I like the wig & cute smile! Get several wigs, & then keep everyone wondering what style and color you'll show up wearing. :)
Continue to keep your faith, get your rest, & we'll continue with our prayers!
Sincerely,
Loni

Brian Rottinghaus said...

Hello Marsha,
I just found out about this site. I think it’s amazing that you doing this, and it’s inspiring to see what you are going though and that you’re staying in such good spirits. You are in my thoughts.

Brenda Q. said...

Hey, Marsha!!
Sounds like it was a better week for you. Keep up the great attitude! I look forward to reading your updates. Take care and we'll continue to keep you in our prayers!!
Love, Brenda

diannf said...

Glad to hear you are having good days! Your new hair cut looks awesome, take care,keep up the good work!

Brenda Bergman said...

Hi Marsha!
This site is great. We enjoy keeping up on how you are doing. Stay positive and in good spirits. We continue to pray and think about you everyday. Get your rest and take things day by day. God Bless you and your family.
Brenda Bergman

Tami said...

Marsha,

Just wanted to say that we'll be thinking about you tomorrow during Round #2! I hope that your "downtime" is about the same as last time and that you can return to feeling good soon! You're doing so well! It's amazing. Are you going to post a picture of what we did last night? :)

Love ya,

Tam

cheryl johnson said...

Marsha-
Just wanted to tell you I think this is an amazing thing you are doing. It is so wonderful to hear how good you are feeling. I love to see you in the halls at work with a big smile on your face. It lets us all know that you are not going to let this situation get the best of you. Just trust and believe that God has a big plan for you. If there is anything I can do for you or your family please let me know. Take care and God bless, Cheryl J