- Aug 22 - Friday-We were up to get Olivia off to school. By the middle of the morning, Tim came to town to pick Brody and I up to make our trip to Seneca for my shot. Brody got to spend a little time playing with his cousins while I got my shot. It was fun to have Brody join Tim and I on our lunch date. Of course, Brody and I came home for a nice nap. We had a wonderful meal prepare and brought to us that evening by Phyllis and Gary Heideman. My mom came down to pick-up the kids for the weekend. The kids are liking to spend all this extra time with Grandpa and Grandma. I had to take a Compazine this evening due to nausea.
- Aug 23 & 24 -Saturday and Sunday- We had some very wild wind and rain early morning on Saturday. We woke to having several limbs down. One landed on the carport just missing my car. I spent all day napping and snacking. I did discover between my naps that we had some very busy beavers outside cleaning away the limbs. We thanks you for all your support, the Bowers family. Tim was planning to come to town later in the day to get rid of the limbs but upon this discovery we went for a evening drive instead. It was good to get out of the house for awhile and enjoy the sunshine. The Erik Ganstrom family provided us with a comforting meal. Tim is a very big soup fan and it made his day. Still having nausea, ache joints, bone pain and needing to take more compazine. Glad to see the kids when they returned on Sunday evening.
- Aug 25-Monday-After the 2nd treatment this was my turning day and I was feeling good. This was not the case this time around. I was up at 7:00am to get Olivia off to school but I was wondering if I was going to make it to 9:00am before having to go back to bed. My nausea, hot & cold flashes and fatigue was making this morning a tough one. I did make it through the morning with a lot of distraction provided by Brody and the great outdoors. We really enjoyed our nap. Early that evening I drove to the farm to pick Olivia up. She gets off the bus at the farm everyday with Grandma Loralea. While we were gone the Joe Kramer family brought us dinner. We had Ron and Loralea in for supper and we all agreed that was some taste soup.
- Aug 26-Tuesday-I had an apt. in Kansas City today. The surgeon that placed by port-a-cath wanted to have a recheck and she also discussed the different surgery options. I will not have to make any final decisions until after my last chemo treatment in October but they encouraged me to start thinking about getting a surgery date planned. Tim and I were back home by 2:30pm and where so glad to be home.
- Aug 27-Wednesday-I did go to work today. I continued to struggling with general fatigue and nausea for most of the day. After work I stopped at the home of Becky & Tony Bartkoski family to take home dinner. Brody enjoyed getting to play for short time with your kids. The food was superb! Olivia and I spent most of the evening doing girls things while Tim & Brody went to do some guy things.
- Aug 28-Thursday-I hopeful to say this might be my turning point day. I having less nausea and feeling some better. Glad to have the day to lazy around.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
The 3rd Chemo Cycle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Marsha thanks for the update. I hope you're feeling better soon, and I hope you have fun at your reunion this weekend!
I hope I'm not stepping on toes, but I want to write here on your blog, too. I want to ask everyone who is reading it to leave you a comment and be a cheerleader for you! It makes me sad to see that you have "zero" comments, when I know that so many people are reading your blog! Come on, everyone...Marsha needs us, and needs to be inspired by us. I'm sure you all have great words of wisdom that can be shared with her and with everyone else reading this too! Right?
OK...there, I said it. I feel better! ha
Have a good long weekend and a very happy birthday on the 6th!
Love,
Tam
Hi Marsha
It was so good to see you at work on Wednesday and to see you smile and hear your laugh. I know you still weren't feeling the best, but just hang in there. Have a good weekend. Julie
Marsha--Grad to hear you are starting feel better. You looked really great in church Sunday morning. One of these days we will come in and visit. What days are you working this week. Hope you see and talk to ya soon. Renee
Post a Comment