- Aug 29 - Friday - Up and off to work this morning. After work went to pick Brody up at daycare and Deb Haverkamp sent frozen burritos home with us. They will be great to heat up for a meal, thanks. Also on our way home, Brody and I stopped at Donna and Owen Zinke house to pick-up a hot meal to take home. Brody enjoyed their backyard swing and we loved the food. I did have some nausea that evening, thank goodness this didn't last long. I did forget to mention earlier in the week that Marvin and Theresa Winkler sent home some good cookies and peach pie that was a big hit.
- Aug 30 - Saturday- We tried to sleep in, but the kids have a built in alarm clock that got us up like a school day. Olivia got to go with Monica Becker and boys up to the library. Thanks again Monica. I can't believe that I'm saying this: I celebrated my 20 year class reunion. I remember thinking that sounded very old back when I was in school but come to find out it's not. We had 19 in attendance out of 26, so we were happy with the turn out. It was truly great to see everyone. Tim was a good sport about going since I had gone to his earlier this year.
- Aug 31 - Sunday - Sundays are to be a day of rest and thanksgiving. I must say this was true for us. We made a trip up to my parents for a nice dinner with my family and great-uncle Martin. He was visiting from Texas for his 50 year class reunion (now that it old) and we were able to spend some time with him.
Sept 1 -Monday- LABOR DAY HOLIDAY- The kids and I went for a mid-morning walk around town and ended up stopping at Elaine and Terry Rethman house. It was nice to visit with Elaine while the kids through all the pool toys in the pool. Thanks goodness the kids didn't end up in the pool. Not that they wouldn't have loved it. A little after lunch Sarah, Sophie, and Margaret arrived from Kansas City. We pack some drinks and snacks and went on a 4-wheeler trip to Cedar Bluffs. We created some great memories for the kids. After getting back to the city (Corning) the kids were glad to hit the sprinkler and we went for the shower. Sarah I'm so glad to have you and the girls stay for dinner and spend the day with us. - Sept 2 -Tuesday - This was a work, school, and daycare day for the Grossnickle family. After school Olivia had her second dental appointment this time to have a few fillings. I was very proud of her. We stopped on the way home at my sisters house to get some medication for Olivia. The dentist recommend giving her some ibuprofen as soon as possible. The rest of the evening consisted of doing homework, reading books and bed. Other than having some swelling in my ankles at days end I have been feeling good.
- Sept 3 - Wednesday- Happy to working my normal 3 days this week. We were blessed with dinner from Amy & Tom Huerter family this evening. The cock pot of roast, potatoes, and carrots were as great tasting as they smelled. The Royce Becker family brought us chili and cinnamon rolls to be put in the freezer. Thanks again. I have small raised bumps (like bug bites no more like hives) all over my body. This happened after the second chemo treatment about the same number days post injection. They are not to bad, except being very itchy. The oncologist mentioned that was caused by one of the chemo meds.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Feeling the effects of the 3rd chemo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Marsha,
Thank you for taking the time to journal your story for all of us to read. I look forward to your up-dates & see how you're feeling. I LOVE the picture of you & the kiddos' in your 'do-rags' and 'shades'...what a trio! Such a fun outing!
Have a good week-end, rest up enjoy all your good food...it sounds like you have a wonderful support group.
Loni
P.S. and no more comments on age or going to 'old' high school reunions! :) You know why I say that, don't you??
Marsha, What a great picture!! I have enjoyed keeping up with your progress through your blog. You look great! I hope you know you are such an inspiration!
Tonia Evans
Great update, Marsha! And what a cute picture. I see that Brody finally got his own do-rag, so he isn't left out! Funny.
Happy Birthday on Saturday! Let Laurie and I know when you're ready to go for our girls day out. How many years have we been doing this now? We should have kept track.
It was fun for Trent & Avery to have Olivia get on the bus with them this morning. As we watched three 5 year olds get on the bus, Jay said "we could have had triplets". UGH!!!!! :)
Talk soon.
Tam
HEY MARSHA--WAS GREAT TO SEE YA AT OUR CLASS REUNION--AND MY- YOU LOOKED GREAT FOR BEING THROUGH 3 SETS OF CHEMO--KEEP UP THE POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND KEEP THAT GREAT SMILE ON YOUR FACE AND YOU'LL COME OUT A WINNER--THINK OF YOU AND FAMILY DAILY AND ALWAYS HOPING FOE THE BEST--LOVE YA!!!!!!
PAM
Marsha,
Love the picture!! The kids look like they were having lots of fun. And also HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a wonderful day cause you deserve the best. You look great.
Renee
Marsha, Just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday!! You all have been on our minds and in our prayers. We have enjoyed the blog and the pictures. You have such a great positive attitude and we just know that you will beat this thing. Anyway, have a GREAT DAY!!!
Take care,
Joyce and Bob
Hi Marsha, We heard your name on the radio this morning. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have a great day! Your looking great and it sounds like things are going very well. You are such an inspiration!
Geri Steinlage
HAPPY 39TH BIRTHDAY--ITS SAFE TO SAY YOUR AGE--WE AIN'T 40 YET--SORRY ALL YOU 40 AND OVERS--WE'LL GET THERE SOON ENOUGH--MARSHA HOPE YOU WERE ABLE TO ENJOY YOUR DAY TO THE FULLEST AND YES GET WAITED ON HAND AND FOOT--TIM I KNOW YOU ARE DOING A TERRIFIC JOB TAKING CARE OF MARSHA-JUST RAZZING YA A BIT--HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!
PAM
Happy Birthday Sweet Marsha - we are keeping you and your family in our prayers always - I know God has you all in the palm of His hand.
With Love and Blessings, Mary Vogt and Family
Happy Birthday to you---Happy Birthday to you---Happy Birthday to Marsha--Happy Birthday to you!!!
I can't believe I talked to you this am and forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday!! I was blessed to become your friend that first day of Nursing school!! Peace, Love & Prayers, Sarah, Russ, Sophia & Margaret !!
Happy Birthday Marsha!! I am just right behind you!! We aren't old. Our kids might think were old, but WE ARE NOT OLD.
It was great seeing the classmates. I didn't think we changed in looks at all.
Love those do-rags. I just want to know where Tim's is??
Have a good week, and know you are in my daily prayers.
Marsha,
Thank you for sharing your journey with us, it's good to see the progress you are making. You are beautiful inside and out. Keep the faith.
Diane Sowers
Post a Comment