skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- Aug 17-Sunday- Off to church I went this morning. Olivia stayed home because she was not feeling well. She was running a fever and complaining of a headache. I hope it the 12 hour flu bug. Don't want her to miss school on the 3rd day. I'm up and running on my new computer! Dave (my computer tech support brother-in-law) can down to help me transfer data and programs from my old computer to the new one. This process always seems to take a little longer that ever planned. You are the greatest Dave, Thanks.
- Aug 18-Monday-Today is re-evaluation day! I had to be at KU Med Westwood campus for a 0800am MRI mammo. Everyone keep the prayers coming that the report comes back on Thursday that the chemo is working. On the way home couldn't resist stopping at Cabela's to look around. I did have make a quick stop to get a new cable (called a USB parallel printer cable) to connect my old printer to the new computer. Dave aren't you impressed that I remembered the name of the cable.
- Aug 19& 20-Tuesday & Wednesday- Went to work on both days. I have been feeling good and glad to be able do some normal things.
- Aug 21-Thursday-I did get my 3rd chemo cycle!!! So that only means that the MRI mammo came back good. They explained all is responding as to be expected and were pleased with the progress. This trip was full of fun and people. Tim and I drove a van to Topeka with Donna following behind in her van with Dana and Tarese. We made a quick stop in Topeka to leave a vehicle. From Topeka the van took off with Donna, Dana, Tarese, Tim, Tip and myself. The fellows needed a ride to the KC Auto Auction so I guess the van full of lovely ladies taking them sounds like fun. Us ladies couldn't pass right by Zona Rosa and not stop for a little shopping. We were to my apt. right on time. It was a very nice trip girls so glad all could go and be with me. It is wonderful to be surround and supported by so many wonderful people. I'M BLESSED. Thanks, Grandpa Ron for getting Olivia on the bus and off to school.
4 comments:
Marsha,
I was glad that you called me on Thursday evening to let me know that the doctors were impressed with how the site was responding. That was GREAT news!
I hope you found the "surprise" that I left for you in your car? We decided to use some of your donated money to purchase a fancy shake maker. We want you to use it to keep your strength up (and your weight) by drinking protein drinks and smoothies etc. But, in the meantime, if you figure out how to make a good malt, call me and I'll be over!! :-)
Love ya,
Tam
Marsha -
It is so good to hear your GREAT news. Keep that positive attitude cause I don't think anything can beat it.
It was great to see you at Laurie's the other night. Laurie and I decided we need to do it more often. We can count you in, right?
We'll keep you in our prayers and you keep smiling that wonderful smile.
Jan
Marsha--Marsha--Marsha !!!
Amen---that is awesome!! What a relief to hear that the meds are working. I thank God for your Doctor and all the research that he has done to find the right combination for you!! It's like we have all been holding our breath along with you until we heard some great news, and now we have!!! You are again---an amazing person and I realized the other day that this will forever change you...even though we love you just the way you are....God has amazing plans for you!!!
Peace & Love, Sarah in KC
Great news, Marsha! Remember to let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Post a Comment