- Aug 10-Sunday- Olivia and I were up and ready to go to Church. While at church Father Arul gave the anointing of the sick. My mom has been praying that I would get the anointing, so I would say one of her prayers have been answered. The rest of Sunday was spent hanging around the house. We did have a couple visitors. Danielle Haverkamp came by bearing a gift certificate for me to get a massage. This was from Diane, Renee and Danielle. I'm having this done as soon as my Oncologist ok's it. Our other visitor was Pat Wempe, it was good to see him.
- Aug 11-Monday-This was a previously normal day in the life of the Grossnickle family. All went to work and all were glad to be home at days end.
- Aug 12-Tuesday-This has been very exciting day for Tim and I. We received per UPS our new computer. We have had our last computer for over 8 years and it has been flashing low memory(disk space) and making MRI sounds. I guess in computer years our old computer would be a dinosaur. I have been able to assemble the computer and all compotes without much difficulties. Everything appears to be working great. I feel like a kid in a candy store! Besides getting my new computer, I was able to give a little back to my co-workers. I hosted a pizza and hat party at the Quilt Basket in Seneca. The girls and Harry(as we say at work he is blessed among women) meet for dinner and then we made each person a surgery scrub hat. These were made of pink material and everyone got to take part in making them. They plan to where this in my honor on my scheduled treatment days. I really work with a family not just co-workers. I need to thank my Mom, Sister and especially my sister-in-law for coming to help.
- Aug 13-Wednesday- We all had another typical day of work. We had to start the fun or the not so fun school routine. Baths, laying out clothes, packing the book bag and trying to be in bed by the 0900pm time.
- Aug 14-Thursday- Tim got Olivia on the bus for her 1st day of kindergarten. I asked him to get a few pictures of the moment and he was not to crazy about that. After work I went to pick Olivia up from school and then we took her to her 1st dental apt. She did such a great job they want her to come back for some fillings! Ugh! We had an idea that might be the case because she has been complaining about a tooth hurting. Tim said "That girl is a doctor dream". She has only had to see a few doctors this past year.
- Aug 15-Friday-After sending Olivia to school and Tim to work, Brody and I had the day to ourselves. We were able to take a nice nap together. The kids spent the evening with Tim. I was able to attend two parties at Jessica Deters and Laurie Kramer houses. I need to Thank Janet Heideman and family for a nice care package she sent for the kids. Briana Uphaus was so thoughtful to think of us with a nice Relay for Life gift bag of items.
- Aug 16-Saturday-The kids were tired and slept in. Mid-morning Monica Becker and boys stopped in with treats and frozen food. Then Monica and the kids went to the local library to check out books and enjoyed playing together. I received a call from one of my long time college friends Janet Heller, it was good to hear from her. I continue to feel well this week only with minor complaints like itchy and watery eyes and a drippy nose. I have my next chemo cycle this next Thursday, boy time goes by to fast. So keep the prayers coming.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
A normal week #2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Marsha- your endless smile, and inspiring personality is very uplifting to everyone around you.
I really enjoyed visiting with you and am so glad the kids went with us. They loved having someone new to play with. I realized when they played house, that they definetly pay attention at home and listen very well!! :)
Our prayers continue to be with you. Just remember and believe- With God- you can conquer anything!
Take care and we'll be in touch!
Monica
Post a Comment